AOL Mail not Working Unstoppable Guide to Resolve nowAre you unable to check your AOL Mailbox? Are you encountering an error stating AOL Mail currently unavailable? AOL Mail not working issue is quite common. It can occur due to several reasons and can be resolved with ease. However, sometimes, AOL Mail service is down. Eventually when this happens, you simply have to wait for the issue to get resolved on its own. Read on to know more about how to fix AOL won’t working on Mac, iPad, and other devices.
Reasons Behind the AOL Email not Working Issue
- Cookies and Cache– Browser cookies and cache may prevent AOL email from working properly.
- Software corruption– In case the AOL Mail app is corrupted or not installed properly, then you may face AOL email related issues.
- Firewall and Antivirus Rules- The Firewall of your device may be preventing AOL Mail from working properly.
- Poor Internet Connection– The AOL Mail app will not work if there is no internet. Slow or poor internet could be the reason for this error.
- Malware Infections– Malware such as viruses, Trojan, and worms may interrupt with AOL Mail and cause it to not work properly.
- Compatibility Issues– Often, outdated browsers do not support AOL Mail. An outdated operating system and browser could cause compatibility issues.
- Insufficient Space– AOL Mail will not be able to load properly if there isn’t enough RAM space.
- Improper Settings– Incorrectly configured settings for AOL mail oftentimes may also cause the AOL mail not working issue.
- Server Issues- In case the AOL Mail servers are down, you will not be able to access your mailbox.
General Tips for Fixing AOL Mail Not Working ProblemFollow these guidelines to fix AOL mail not working error
- Clear cookies and cache
- Update the web browser
- Update the AOL Mail app
- Log Out and thereafter Log Back Into Your AOL Account
- Go to www.mail.aol.com.
- Thereafter, you need to click on Sign Out. You can see this option at the topmost right corner.
- Close the browser.
- Again, visit www.mail.aol.com.
- Type the login credentials and sign back in.
- Remove the Malware
If you have antivirus software on your device, then use it to conduct a full system scan. In case any infections are found, then remove them immediately. You need to ensure that the antivirus software is up to date. If you do not have an antivirus, then it is best to install one.
- Make some RAM Space
- Resolve DNS Issues
- Is AOL mail currently unavailable? This could be related to the Domain Name System. Here are some steps you must check out:
- Delete the local DNS cache from the system to ensure that the ISP gets a hold of the latest cache. Go to Start, click on Command Prompt, and enter ipconfig/flushdns.
- In case you can access AOL Mail from any other device, then try using an alternate DNS service.
How to Fix AOL Mail Currently Unavailable
Is the AOL Mail showing currently unavailable error? Do not worry; follow the guidelines given below to fix this issue.
- Go to AOL Mail.
- Navigate to Settings,
- Thereafter open Accounts and Password link and click on it.
- Click on AOL.
- Select the AOL email address.
- Click on the Delete button.
- Return to the Settings screen.
- Click on Accounts and Password.
- Select the Add account option.
- Select AOL.
- Log in using your AOL email address.
How to Fix AOL Mail Not Working on Mac
The reasons behind AOL email not working on your Mac could be several. You may have entered the incorrect username and password, or there could be issues with the settings. In case AOL Mail is not working on your macOS device, then you can try out the solutions mentioned below:
Using the Mail Connection DoctorConnection Doctor shall help you find the exact causes of the AOL mail working problem.
- Go to the Dock.
- Find the Mail option and click on it.
- Thereafter, click on Window.
- On the next screen, choose Connection Doctor.
- Now, the connection status will be visible.
- Locate the AOL account name and check out the details.
- If the status appears to be red, then it means that the mail app is not connected to the internet.
Resolve issue with the verification of IMAP and SMTP Credentials
Did you recently change the AOL email password? You may have forgotten to change it in other places, such as your Mac device.
- Open Mac Mail.
- Go to the Mail drop-down.
- Click on Preferences.
- Thereafter on the new screen, select Accounts.
- Change the password of your AOL account.
- Save the changes.
- You need to verify the network connection.
- Thereafter check if the right account preferences are entered. This can be done by doing a double-click on the status option.
- Consequently check if the server supports SSL.
Additional Tips to Fix AOL Mail Stopped Working on Mac
- Check the account settings. You need to see if the user account details along with the settings concerning the mail server are right.
- Refresh the mail. Click on the left pane of the Mail app and select the Inbox option located beneath the Setup AOL account. Wait for your inbox to get refreshed.
- Start the app again: In case none of the fixes mentioned above work, then you need to restart the Mail app on your Mac.
How to Fix AOL Mail Not Working on iPad?
Here are some effective solutions for fixing AOL email not working issue on your iPad.
Switch on and then switch off the Airplane ModeIf your device is in Airplane mode, then the internet connection will be disabled.
- On your iPad, go to Settings by tapping on the app (gear icon).
- Tap On for turning it on.
- Thereafter toggle the same button for turning it off.
- Furthermore you should also check that the Wi-Fi or data connection is working properly or not.
Tweak the Network Settings
- Go to the Settings app.
- Tap on General.
- Tap on Reset.
- Locate and tap on reset network settings.
Remove and Re-Add the AOL Account
- Go to the Settings app.
- Tap on Account and Password.
- Thereafter, scroll the list and locate the AOL email account you wish to remove.
- Tap on the selected AOL account.
- Once the confirmation prompt appears, tap on Delete Account.
- Open the Settings app again.
- Tap on Accounts and Passwords.
- Tap on Add Accounts.
- Enter the email ID and password of your AOL account.
- Sign in using the same credentials.
Add Two-Step Verification
- Open the AOL Mail app.
- Thereafter, go to Account Security.
- Tap on the Manage option.
- Check that two-step verification is enabled.
- Then you need to tap on Connect Apps.
- Select the Mail app.
- Thereafter,, select your iPad.
- Tap on Generate App Password.
- Now, you will get a unique password.
- Note down the password.
- Go to Settings and open AOL Mail account.
- Add your AOL account.
- Type the unique password next to the Password field.
- Save the changes.
Wrapping it upAOL Mail service is used by a number of people. As a consequence of bugs and technical glitches, users may face issues from time to time. Thankfully it is easy to fix AOL Mail not working issue. Apply the tips and tricks mentioned and fix this annoying error in no time.