Detailed Guide Why AOL Mail not Working With Solution
Why is AOL Mail Not Working and How to Fix it?
Are you unable to check your AOL Mailbox? Are you encountering an error stating AOL Mail currently unavailable? AOL Mail not working issue is quite common. It can occur due to several reasons and can be resolved with ease. However, sometimes, AOL Mail service is down. When this happens, you simply have to wait for the issue to get resolved on its own. Read on to know more about how to fix AOL mail not working on Mac, iPad, and other devices.
Reasons Behind AOL Email Not Working Issue
- Cookies and Cache– Browser cookies and cache may prevent AOL email from working properly.
- Software corruption– In case the AOL Mail app is corrupted or not installed properly, then you may face AOL email related issues.
- Firewall and Antivirus Rules– The Firewall of your device may be preventing AOL Mail from working properly.
- Poor Internet Connection– The AOL Mail app will not work if there is no internet. Slow or poor internet could be the reason for this error.
- Malware Infections– Malware such as viruses, Trojan, and worms may interrupt with AOL Mail and cause it to not work properly.
- Compatibility Issues– Often, outdated browsers do not support AOL Mail. An outdated operating system and browser could cause compatibility issues.
- Insufficient Space– AOL Mail will not be able to load properly if there isn’t enough RAM space.
- Improper Settings– Incorrectly configured settings for AOL mail may also cause the AOL mail not working issue.
- Server Issues- In case the AOL Mail servers are down, you will not be able to access your mailbox.
General Tips For Fixing AOL Mail Not Working Problem
Follow these guidelines to fix AOL mail not working error
- Clear cookies and cache
Caches and cookies get saved in the browser and may sauce the AOL Mail to not work. Hence, it is best to clear all the cookies and cache from the web browser. You can do so by opening the browser, going to the Settings/Menu. Navigate the Settings, locate the clear cache and cookies option, and click on it.
- Update the web browser
If you use Microsoft Edge, then tap the Windows button, enter Check for updates and
click on Check for updates. Google Chrome users need to click on the menu icon, choose Help, and click on About Google Chrome. Install the available updates and relaunch the browser. Mozilla Firefox users can click on the menu button, click on Help, choose About Firefox, and click on Update. If you use Safari, then you need to go to the Apple Menu, click on App Store, and select Updates. In case any update is available for Safari, click on it.
- Update the AOL Mail app
Is AOL Mail not working on iPad or any other device? The reason behind this issue could be an outdated app. Go to the App Store and see if any updates are available for AOL Mail. After installing the updates, you need to restart the app.
- Log Out and then Log Back Into Your AOL Account
- Go to www.mail.aol.com.
- Then, you need to click on Sign Out. You can see this option at the topmost right corner.
- Close the browser.
- Again, visit www.mail.aol.com.
- Type the login credentials and sign back in.
- Remove the Malware
If you have antivirus software on your device, then use it to conduct a full system scan. In case any infections are found, then remove them immediately. You need to ensure that the antivirus software is up to date. If you do not have an antivirus, then it is best to install one.
- Make some RAM Space
Freeing up the RAM memory could help you fix the issue with your AOL mail account. Go
through the RAM memory space allocation, and transfer some data to the hard drive. You can also remove redundant or useless data to free up space.
- Resolve DNS Issues
- Is AOL mail currently unavailable? This could be related to the Domain Name System. Here are some steps you must check out:
- Delete the local DNS cache from the system to ensure that the ISP gets a hold of the latest cache. Go to Start, click on Command Prompt, and enter ipconfig/flushdns.
- In case you can access AOL Mail from any other device, then try using an alternate DNS
How to Fix AOL Mail Not Working on Mac
The reasons behind AOL email not working on your Mac could be several. You may have
entered the incorrect username and password, or there could be issues with the settings. In case AOL Mail is not working on your macOS device, then you can try out the solutions mentioned below:
Using the Mail Connection Doctor
Connection Doctor shall help you find the exact causes of the AOL Mail not working problem.
- Go to the Dock.
- Find the Mail option and click on it.
- After that, click on Window.
- On the next screen, choose Connection Doctor.
- Now, the connection status will be visible.
- Locate the AOL account name and check out the details.
- In case the status appears to be red, then it means that the mail app is not connected to the internet.
How to Fix AOL Mail Not Working on iPad?
Here are some effective solutions for fixing AOL email not working issue on your iPad.
Switch on and then switch off the Airplane Mode
In case your device is in Airplane mode, then the internet connection will be disabled.
- On your iPad, go to Settings by tapping on the app (gear icon).
- Tap On for turning it on.
- After that, toggle the same button for turning it off.
- You should also check that the Wi-Fi or data connection is working properly or not.
Tweak the Network Settings
- Go to the Settings app.
- Tap on General.
- Tap on Reset.
- Locate and tap on reset network settings.
Remove and Re-Add the AOL Account
- Go to the Settings app.
- Tap on Account and Password.
- After that, scroll the list and locate the AOL email account you wish to remove.
- Tap on the selected AOL account.
- When the confirmation prompt appears, tap on Delete Account.
- Open the Settings app again.
- Tap on Accounts and Passwords.
- Tap on Add Accounts.
- Enter the email ID and password of your AOL account.
- Sign in using the same credentials.
Add Two-Step Verification
- Open the AOL Mail app.
- After that, go to Account Security.
- Tap on the Manage option.
- Check that two-step verification is enabled.
- Then you need to tap on Connect Apps.
- Select the Mail app.
- After that, select your iPad.
- Tap on Generate App Password.
- Now, you will get a unique password.
- Note down the password.
- Go to Settings and open AOL Mail account.
- Add your AOL account.
- Type the unique password next to the Password field.
- Save the changes.
Apply the tips mentioned above to fix AOL Mail not working on iPad issue.
Is the AOL Mail showing currently unavailable error? Do not worry; follow the guidelines given below to fix this issue.
- Go to AOL Mail.
- Navigate to Settings,
- After that, find Accounts and Password and click on it.
- Click on AOL.
- Select the AOL email address.
- Click on the Delete button.
- Return to the Settings screen.
- Click on Accounts and Password.
- Select the Add account option.
- Select AOL.
- Log in using your AOL email address.
Wrapping it up
AOL Mail service is used by a number of people. However, due to bugs and technical glitches, users may face issues from time to time. Thankfully it is easy to fix AOL Mail not working issue. Apply the tips and tricks mentioned and fix this annoying error in no time.