Reactivate your Deactivated AOL Email Account Guide
AOL is an amazing email service that offers a number of benefits and features. AOL Mail is used by several people across the globe and is known for its security and reliability. It has an all in one desktop software that allows users to use mail, instant messaging, web surfing, and a lot more from a single place.
AOL Mail keeps periodically deactivating unused accounts. In case your AOL account is deactivated due to inactivity, then you will not have access to your emails, attachments, and other data of your email account. In this blog, we will explore why AOL deactivates inactive email accounts and how to reactivate the AOL account. So, without further ado, let’s get started and check out the account reactivation process in detail.
When Will your AOL Account Get Deactivated or Deleted
Last year, AOL started permanently deleting all accounts that had not been active over the previous 180 days. So if the user has not signed into their AOL mail in the past six months, then their account may be deactivated.
Those who use any OpenID with AOL Mail will also end up losing access to their accounts due to inactivity. In case they have not signed into their AOL account in the past six months, then their account will be deactivated. Apart from this AOL will also be able to delete the entire account along with all the data.
According to AOL, after long terms of inactivity, the account will get permanently deactivated and all the saved data shall get deleted. When this occurs, users will not be able to recover the data and they will have to set up a new AOL account if they wish to continue using AOL email.
Read More : Why AOL Mail Stopped Working
What Happens When AOL Account Deactivated Due to Inactivity
In case you do not sign in to your AOL Mail account for a span of ninety days, then your email account shall get deactivated. This implies that you shall not get any email in your account. If someone sends you an email, it will bounce. Failure to sign in for 180 days will lead to account termination. All the data, emails, and info related to your email account will be permanently destroyed and you won’t be able to recover it.
How to Know If Your AOL Mail Account is Active or Not?
When you are logging in to your AOL email account, you might see a message stating that your account is not active any longer. Even though this may mean that your email account was utilized in a manner that violated AOL’s terms of service, or it may appear if you have deleted your account, this message most commonly appears when the account is deactivated because of inactivity. When you log in between 90 and 180 days, then you will be able to reactivate AOL account and start getting emails. Your account shall function normally but any email you got during AOL account deactivated due to inactivity shall not be there.
Reasons Why Your AOL Account Shall Get Deactivated or Deleted
Find out more regarding the reasons why your AOL email account may get deactivated or worse deleted.
Your AOL email account may get removed or become inaccessible due to a large array of reasons and circumstances. In case your account gets deleted, you may have to make a new AOL Mail account. But, you will not be able to use your previous username again.
- When you request your AOL account to get deleted, it first gets deactivated.
- When you do not log into your AOL Mail account for 90 days.
- When the email account was utilized in a way that violated AOL’s terms of services.
How to Reactivate AOL Account
Here is how you can reactivate your AOL account.
AOL Free Account
Do you have a free AOL email account? Is your account deactivated due to inactivity? Do not worry, you can easily reactivate inactive AOL account. Read on and follow the easy steps given below.
- First, you need to launch a web browser on your computer.
- After that, you need to type mail.aol.com in the URL bar and hit Enter.
- Then, if you are already signed in to a different AOL account, then click on the Sign Out button present at the upper right corner of the page.
- After that, you need to go back to mail.aol.com.
- Type the username or email address of your AOL account.
- Then, click the Next button.
- Type the password for your AOL account.
- After that, click on Sign In.
- You have now successfully reactivated your AOL account.
AOL Premium Subscription
If your AOL account deactivated due to inactivity? Do not worry. If you have a premium subscription, then follow these easy steps to reactivate AOL email.
- First and foremost, you need to launch a web browser.
- After that, go to the AOL login page.
- Now, you need to type your username or email address.
- You may check the box next to Stay signed in.
- Click on the Next button.
- Type the password of your AOL account.
- Click on the login button.
- After signing in to your AOL email account, click on the My Services tab.
- Select Subscriptions from the list of options.
- Now, you need to find the AOL product or service that you wish to activate.
- Go to the Subscription Information section.
- Move the cursor to the Access URL and copy it.
- Now, paste the selected link in a new web browser tab.
- Now, you may either get redirected to download a file or a new page will open where you will have to input your AOL account login credentials.
- After entering your username or email, just click on the Forgot Password option.
- Follow the guidelines on the screen to recover your password or make a new one.
- After logging in, you have to follow the instructions given on the screen to reactivate an inactive AOL account.
Changing the Paid AOL Plan
- First, open an internet browser on the device.
- After that, you need to go to myaccount.aol.com.
- Log in to your AOL account by entering the username and password.
- After logging in, click on My Services.
- Thereafter, select the Subscriptions option from the list.
- Click on the Manage button located beside the AOL plan you wish to change.
- When the prompt comes, you need to do the verification.
- Go to Products.
- Click on the Change Plan button.
- For selecting another plan, you need to click on the Select Plan.
- Provide your confirmation when the prompt comes.
How to Reactivate Inactive AOL Account on Mobile
AOL app for mobile devices allows you to check your AOL Mail, send emails, and do a lot more. It allows you to access your AOL Mail account from anywhere. Here is how you can reactivate AOL email on your mobile device:
- Android users need to open the Google Play Store.
- Similarly, iPhone users need to visit the Apple App Store.
- Windows Phone users also have to open the App Store on their phones.
- Type AOL in the search bar.
- Tap on the first option and then tap on the Install button.
- Allow the app installation to get over.
- Launch the AOL app.
- Enter the AOL username or email address.
- Type the password and sign in to your AOL account.
- Now, you have successfully reactivated your AOL account.
How to Reactivate AOL Account When You Have Forgotten the Password?
In case you had earlier made an AOL account and wish to continue using it, then you can easily reactivate it or just request a new password. In case you do not remember the AOL account password, then here is what you need to do to reactivate inactive AOL account:
- Open an internet browser.
- Go to the AOL website
- Click on Sign In.
- Input your AOL username(remove @aol.com from your AOL email address).
- If you cannot remember it, then you need to click on the Trouble signing in the link. After that, provide the account recovery email address or phone number.
- Click on the Next button.
- Now you need to click Sign in.
- Press the I forgot my password link present at the bottom.
- Enter your AOL username.
- Click on the Next button.
- Input the phone number or recovery email address associated with your AOL email.
- Hit the Next button.
- Select how you desire to receive the verification code: call or text.
- If you do not have the access to your recovery contact number, then just press this link: do not have access to this phone.
- Check your messages or email, and find the AOL verification code.
- Write the verification code in the blank given on the screen and press the Next button.
- Enter a new password of your AOL email account.
- For confirmation purposes, re-type the same password.
- Hit the save button.
- Now, in a new tab, open mail.aol.com.
- Type your AOL username or email address and click on the Next button.
- Type the newly created password and sign in to reactivate AOL email.
How to Prevent AOL Account Deactivated Due to Inactivity
In case you use AOL email, but do not access it frequently, then you are running the risk of losing your entire account, your AOL username, and all emails saved on the server. If you do not wish to lose essential information and your AOL account email address, then you need to sign in to your AOL Mail address at least once every month. In case you do not do so, then the following will happen.
What Happens to Your AOL Account After 90 Days of Inactivity
In case you fail to sign in to your AOL email account for ninety days in a row, then your AOL email account shall get deactivated. You will not be able to get any incoming emails and no new messages will get delivered to your inbox. These messages shall get returned to the sender.
In case you sign in to your AOL email account after the ninetieth day but before the 180th day, then your account will get reactivated and you will start getting new emails again. After you reactivate the AOL email, you will be able to use it normally. However, you will won’t get the emails that bounced back to the sender when your account was deactivated.
What Happens to Your AOL Account After 180 Days of Inactivity
In case you do not sign in to your AOL account for an extra 90 days which means for a total of 180 days in a row, then your email account will get deleted. Users might or might not be able to retrieve their AOL email address. Apart from this, all the emails, pictures, and other email attachments get deleted.
If you wish to keep your AOL email active, and do not want the associated data to get deleted, then ensure that you log into it every now and then.
Now that you know how to reactivate the AOL account Call at 1-877-200-8067, even you will be able to save your AOL account from getting deleted and from losing all the account data permanently. To prevent the AOL account deactivated due to inactivity, you need to log in to your AOL email account every few months. Bear in mind that if you do not access your AOL email account for over 180 days, then your account will get deleted.