AOL Mail Settings for Outlook & Windows 10
This write up speaks about AOL email settings required for configuring outlook on windows operating system. Outlook is a mail application by Microsoft which is used widely as it helps in management of emails in a simple and efficient manner. So now let’s go ahead and discuss all settings related to AOL and Outlook.
- You can use a third-party email app to download a copy of the AOL mail, to send and receive emails.
- There are two protocols you can choose for configuration, one is i.map and the second one is POP. POP server assists in downloading emails to the mail application.
- In simple words it means that if you download an email and then delete it from your AOL account, the application retains the email.
While using POP settings the user must move all the AOL emails to the inbox as a backup in order to avoid any loss of data. These emails can be downloaded once the users email has been configured on the application.
Follow the below given steps to configure new email on Outlook-
- Open file and click on account settings.
- In the first tab where it says email, select the new email option.
- Click on the option Manual setup or additional server types.
- Now click on next
- Select POP and I.M.A.P from the list of options.
- AOL email syncs with the outlook mail by following some simple steps where you can use the I.M.A.P server setting to connect to outlook. These steps are mentioned in the below points.
- Click option of ‘file’ in the Outlook menu bar.
- Once done, click on “Add Account’ option from the left pane.
- After that enter your email address and then click on connect.
- Now hit ‘done’.
- Your AOL email account is now configured on outlook and it will auto download the emails in the application.
Outlook and AOL account can be merged manually: AOL Outlook Settings
You can manually add the outlook and AOL account to outlook 2010 and 2013. This will require additional steps for AOL outlook settings after which you can enter the server details. The steps for outlook 2010 and 2013 are similar in nature.
- Click on ‘File’ option in both outlook 2010 and 2013
- Click add account
- Select the Radio button next to manual setup or additional server types.
- In outlook 2010, the manually configure server settings is what it reads.
- Select the radio button next to POP and I.M.A.P and then select and click next.
- In POP and account I.M.A.P window located next to the account window type, select the drop-down menu.
- Complete all the remaining details and click on ‘OK’. Now enter your name and email address of AOL mail account.
- Enter incoming mail server as i.m.a.p.aol.com
- For user name enter your AOL account name without the AOL.com part.
- Enter your AOL account password.
- Click on ‘more settings’ option.
- Now click on the checkbox saying ‘my outgoing server’. This outgoing server will require authentication.
- Click on ‘use the same settings as my incoming mail server’ check box.
- For I.M.A.P the port is 993 and 465 where 993 is for incoming server and 465 is for the outgoing server respectively.
- Click OK
- Go back to add account window and click next. Now your account setup should be complete after successfully entering AOL email settings.
Possible causes why AOL mail is facing trouble: AOL Outlook Settings
Whenever we set up an email on a third-party client for AOL mail there is a high chance that the mail will give out certain errors while sending and receiving mails on the AOL account or while downloading the messages on outlook. Some of the possible causes of these problems are identified and list below.
- You are not typing the email address of the recipient correctly.
- Your computer or mobile phone does not have an internet connection.
- There is a problem with the AOL mobile app.
- You are trying to send an attachment that is too large in size.
- There might be a problem with SMTP settings if you are unable to send AOL emails on third party apps like outlook or thunderbird.
- Sometimes AOL may not be working from backend.
- There could be a possible login issue.
- Missing emails etc.
- You are using free services or paid services is another factor which comes in to consideration.
- Issue arising due to wrong server or user setting configuration.
Generally, the AOL mail does not respond when there are compatibility issues. These issues also cause AOL mail not responding error.
That’s how you can fix some of the AOL problems:
- Restart your system to restore the services and settings of the AOL email. This will clear the internal memory called RAM of your system.
- Use a different browser as using an outdated version of the web browser might prevent in restoring the email settings.
- Make sure that the display name is correct as the message won’t go in case of incorrect display name.
- Clear your browser cache files as this improves the performance of the web browser.
- Ensure to disable the firewall of your antivirus as might block AOL from opening in certain cases.
- Make sure you enter the correct code to clear your captcha as failing to do so will prevent you from logging in your email account.
Outlook and AOL security:
The outlook and AOL synchronization also allows the user to secure their account further. Captcha is a security feature which helps in protecting the account from online attacks.
Image challenges play a key role when you suspect suspicious activity in your account. If you are unable to open or clear image challenge after multiple tries then there might be issue with your browser.
- Click on the File tab and click on add account
- Select Manual and additional server types.
- Enter your full name and email address.
- Type I.m.a.p, AOL mail.com, in the incoming mail server box.
- Click more settings to enter a full username and email address.
- Type I.m.a.p AOL.com
- Now configure outgoing mail server.
- Setup the AOL mail account with outlook.
- Select the more settings option.
- Add the account window.
- Go to the outgoing server tab.
- Click on the SMTP authentication.
- From the advanced tab click internet setting.
- Type 587 in outgoing server and it will complete AOL set up with outlook.
Outlook Mail 2007 & AOL Mail: AOL I.Map settings outlook 2007
- Open the outlook 2007, now click on new
- Tick Manually configure email server settings.
- Select the internet email and click on POP email service.
- Now manually specify the account type and the POP services.
- Configure both the services well with each other.
- Further when you click on OK, you can test the account settings.
To Learn About AOL Mail Server Settings
AOL Mail Settings for Windows 10:
- Open the start menu from your Windows 10 desktop.
- Click on the mail app where you will see a welcome page.
- Select add account.
- Enter the required email id and password and sign in. This will be your AOL login credentials.
- Now choose the ‘done’ option. You can use the menu option at the very top left of the mail to switch between your accounts.
Conclusion: This writes up covers details of AOL mail server settings for outlook, and for Windows 10 we hope this article will help you to set up the AOL account properly, feel free to contact AOL Professional Help.