Electronic mail, the concept is a medium through which you can exchange ideas, important information, memories on just a single click. No matter how far is your target audience you can reach them with just no additional amount to be paid. It is a channel put to use globally. Electronic mails could be possible owing to the evolution of electronic media which came after the Industrial Revolution of the ’90s which heralded the use of electronic media as electricity and telegraph services. The platform for the functioning of the electronic mails, the Internet originated in the 1950s with the development of electrical computers. The very concept of the internet began as a project by US military to fund for a research network, ARPANET in the year 1969 with just a few computer scientists working on it. From then on, the concept of the internet has spread globally with users flowing to the billions of users.
In the present writeup, we will be dealing in detail with the AOL email service.AOL email is a free web-based email service provided by AOL, a unit of Verizon communications launched on 21 March 2004. This mail has the following mentioned features to know more about its desktop features visit here – AOL Desktop Gold.
It comes with an email attachment of 25 MB with a maximum mailbox size of 1,000 new messages, 4000 old messages and 4,000 sent messages per screen name.
The protocols it supports are POP3, SMTP, and IMAP.
It is able enough to link to other email accounts from other service providers such as Gmail and Hotmail.
It comes with spam protection, virus protection, and spell checking.
It comes with the email unsend capability for emails sent to another AOL or AIM mailbox.
It supports SSL/HTTPS after logging in.
It gets automatically deactivated if not used for 90 days and the emails delivered are sent back to the sender.After 180 days of complete inactivity, the accounts get automatically deleted.
Logging into AOL email account is an extremely simple task. You just need to type”webmail.aol.com” in the URL address. Once the main page opens, enter your username and password and you are into your AOL mail.
While logging into the AOL email account, sometimes users come across some issues, the AOL mail login issues. In this section, we have tried to provide a solution to the issues that crop up while logging in the email.
Effective Troubleshooting Steps For AOL Mail Login Issues.
This section talks about some major and common AOL mail login issues that users have come across while operating the AOL email account.
Hacking can cause disturbance while operating the mail: If you are constantly being replied to the mail you have never sent or your sent box is brimming with the complete strange mail that you have never sent, your account is clearly compromised or hacked! As a solution to it, secure your account and change your current password and save your account to be harmed in the future.
Unable to send emails?We have the most appropriate guide to troubleshoot the error: We have come up with six alternative ways to fix the error while sending mail via AOL email account.
- Restarting the computer should be the very first method to troubleshoot the talked about the error. Restarting the system helps the internal memory of the computer to get completely clear and might resolve any issue.
- An outdated browser might be a cause triggering the mail sending error. Try to update your browser or use a different browser to operate the AOL email.
- Many times hacking leads to changing the user’s username, making it hard for the user to comfortably operate their account.If there is any combination of “AOL” in the display the message won’t go through.Check for the same and secure your account with much precaution.
- Clearing the browser’s cache will help in resetting the computer, clearing out all the little unwanted bits of information stored thus making the browser run a little better.
- Disabling the pop up blocking software by holding down the shift key as soon as the website links are clicked would go a long way in evading the error while sending the mail. However, for specific instructions for a particular software, it is recommended to contact the professionals.
- Sometimes turning off the “Firewall”, which actually protects hackers from stealing sensitive information or infecting the computer can be helpful while determining the causes behind the issues with your computer.
Issues with the pictures that does not show for mail recipients:
- You need to enable Rich Text or HTML, as that would help to resolve the problems with viewing images in forwarded emails.
- If the image that you had sent in an email is not available to your recipient, downloading that image and sending it as an attachment to your contact has proved to be a good solution in many cases. You could give it a try too!
Many AOL mail users have reported the issue they face while operating it via their iPhone. These issues include the inability to login to the accounts, some just see the persistent loading screen, some are unable to load the login page. In the section below we have prepared a list of solutions, you can try to resolve the AOL mail issues faced while operating through iPhone.
Solutions to the AOL Mail Login Issues While Operating Through iPhone.
Solution1: Turn on the Airplane mode and off: This solution will help to resolve the AOL mail down the issue. Follow the given steps carefully.
- Open the control panel of your phone, which can be done by swiping up the screen. Select the “Airplane Mode” from the given options. After a couple of seconds turn off the Airplane mode.
- Check for your wifi connection and make sure it is working properly.
- In case you are using cellular data, make sure you have an active data pack as it might become a good reason to solve the AOL email problems.
Solution 2: Not receiving emails on your iPhone?Reset the network settings: If the above step doesn’t come to your good use, follow this network settings step.
- Go to the “Settings” option and click “General”. Locate the “Reset” option.
- Select the “Reset network settings” in the Reset option. This will also reset the wifi passwords and networks, VPN and APN settings and the cellular settings.
Solution 3: If the AOL mail sending or receiving issue still persists, try removing the account and login again
- Click on the “Settings” option on your phone and look for “Accounts and passwords” option.
- Once you click the “Accounts and passwords” option, you will see a list of accounts you have signed in on your iPhone.Click and select the AOL account.
- On the AOL account page, click on the “Delete” option present at the bottom.
- Now in order to add a new AOL account, again head to the “Settings” option and look for “Accounts and passwords” option.
- Select the “Add account” option present at the bottom of the page.
Solution4: Operate the AOL mail through the AOL app instead: If you have been still receiving issues on the AOL, first of all, verify that you have entered the correct account in the mail settings. You should download and use the AOL app from the app store instead of mail app on iPhone that would help you in evading Aol mail login related issues.
Solution5: Contact and reach out to the developer for help: The last best solution is to reach out to the official site of the AOL mail and contact the developer regarding your issue. The professionals would revert back to you with an appropriate solution.
Our last section of the writeup pertains to the method of recovering the existing AOL email account.
Easy and quick method to recover the existing AOL email account in case the user forgets the username.
Go to the AOL accounts’ sign in page.
Select the “Trouble signing in?” link.
Enter your existing mobile number, recovery phone number or a recovery email address that you had specified while signing up for the mail.
Click on “Continue”.
Now, click on “Yes, send me a verification code” option that would send the user a verification code on the phone number or email address you had provided.
Now enter the received verification code.
Click on “Continue”.
Now select the account you would like to sign into.
Hope the above writeup comes to the best use for our valuable readers to combat the AOL mail login issues faced by the user. For any further help regarding the AOL account, it is always recommended to contact the USATECHBLOG professionals or through the official AOL mail website.