Step by Stpe Guide for Windows 10 Password Reset
Windows 10 is the biggest and most developed update released by the operating system for a personal computer. This series is a continuation of Windows NT which is produced by Microsoft. Window 10 which is a successor of Windows 8.1 was all set to be released by July 15, 2015, and was made available for sale in retail market on July 29, 2015. Metro style apps were the last update which was found in Windows 8. And now, Windows 10 has an even better and notable feature which is, it now supports universal apps. What’s special about universal apps is that these apps have identical code for them to run across multiple Microsoft product families such as PCs, tablets, Smartphones, embedded system, Xbox One, Surface Hub and Mixed reality.
Windows 10 password details
Everyone has safety concerns in respect with every kind of object and in this case a Microsoft product. The way to one user access is to protect it with a password only you would know. The password can be used for facilitating privacy in the form of locking the product whose key would be a password. Setting up of PIN or password is suggested to safeguard the precious information and data which is stored in the device. If you wish to learn about the method which would lock your device, you need to be aware that there are 3 ways and you can choose either.
Method 1 – Let’s start with the way of creating a user password in computer management.
Step 1: You need to first open computer management. If you do not know how to, then the simplest method would be – open the folder which reads ‘This pc’ and just when you find the file with the same name, right click on it and click on manage.
Step 2: Now find an option of ‘local users and groups’ in the column present on your left-hand side and open its subcategory ‘User’.
Step 3: Right click on the desired user you wish to set a password for and select a password.
Step 4: Now, select the proceed option.
Step 5: You will now be prompted to enter your desired password. You have to enter it twice in both the columns given to recheck it. Enter the desired password and select on.
Step 6: You will now get a message that your password is set.
Method 2 – Through this way, you can create the Windows 10 password in PC settings.
Step 1: The first step is to open settings of your PC.
Step 2: Select users and account in the left-hand side of your device.
Step 3: Search for sign-in option and search for an add button among the password option.
Step 4: You will now be asked to type your desired password twice. Do the needful along with a hint and click on next.
Step 5: You will now be asked for a final confirmation. Click on finish.
Method 3 – This is a way of creating a password from the control panel.
Step 1: Open control panel from the start option.
Step 2: Search for the field of user account and family safety and select the sub-category of change account type.
Step 3: Select the user account you wish to set up the password for.
Step 4: You will now be asked for the change you wish to make. Choose the option to create a password.
Step 5: Enter the new desired password twice. Along with both entries, you have to enter the hint.
Step 6: Click on create a password at last.
Where to use windows 10 password?
- You will have to enter your password every time you log in to your PC so, you have to make sure you have not forgotten the Windows 10 password.
- If you forgot Windows 10 password you may be able to retrieve it but, it is not desirable to do that.
- You will be asked to enter your password every time you make any crucial change in the setting option of your PC.
- You can either use a PIN to log in or a password to log in.
- You will be asked to enter your password if you ever happen to change your existing password. This is done in order to obtain a confirmation that it is you who wants to change the password and not someone else trying to hack your device.
How to reset login password on Windows 10?
You can follow the below mentioned procedure to reset the Windows 10 password. This procedure is used by those people who have access to their password. In other words, have not forgotten it and are concerned with someone else knowing the same and wish to obtain and reset windows password.
Reset password windows 10 by the following steps: –
- For the start, you have to click on the start menu in your PC. It is located at the bottom left of your screen.
- You will now find a list in the same bottom left side. Click on setting among the options.
- A new box of settings will appear; you have to search and click on accounts.
- You will again find sub-option for accounts. Among which you have to click on the sign-in option.
- You will now be directed to another set of options, namely PIN and password. You will have to select on the password option.
- Click on the change button you find within the option of the password.
- To change your password, you have to gain access to the account i.e. you have to log in first.
- Enter your current password in the given box in order to sign in by clicking on sign in.
- You will now have to fetch the phone which has the sim number you used to register the account. This is because Microsoft will now send you a code to your registered mobile number. You will have to enter that number into the account in order to confirm your initial identity.
- You will now be asked to enter the last four digits of your phone number in order to facilitate your computer in sending you the code via your phone number. Press enter.
- Microsoft will now send you the code in your mobile number. Enter the number from your phone into the box provided. Press enter.
- You will now be redirected to enter your old password, followed by a new password and re-enter it. After you have filled in the two, press enter.
- In the next instance, you will see a message on your screen that you have successfully changed your password. If you are able to see it, congratulations you have successfully reset Windows 10 password or reset the password for Windows 10.
How to reset windows 10 password without a disk?
Everybody knows it that if you forgot Windows 10 password you can easily change it and log into your computer with the help of a recovery disk. But, we aren’t aware of the need of the disk and by mistake misplace it, or there are also a number of circumstances which spoil the disk and you happen to no longer have access to it. If you forgot windows 10 password with such a situation, you do not need to panic. We have come up with 2 different ways of the Windows 10 password reset.
The first method for the Windows 10 password reset is through admin account.
- When you are prompted to enter your password which you obviously forgot, look out for the options you have available below the password entry box.
- You will find a sign-in options button, click on it and further click on the pin or password icon according to what you have set up.
- Now, you will find a list of all the accounts, including the administrator account.
- Click on the administrator account. You must probably know the password of the administrator in this case which would help you to log into your computer.
- If you have successfully gained access to the administration account, losing or forgetting the password of other accounts doesn’t matter as you can simply restore it by the following methods: –
- Run command prompt
- Computer management
- Control panel/PC settings
This should help you change the forgotten password and the instruction will be given.
The second method is by enabling the safe mode for how to reset windows 10 password.
- Go to the Windows lock screen of the account you forgot the password of and, click on the power button to boot Windows 10 in safe mode.
- Click on the shift button on your keypad and click on the restart option.
- You will be now redirected to startup settings. Choose troubleshoot and then, advanced options.
- After this, choose startup settings and click restart and finally click the key of F4/F5/F6 on your keyboard.
Upon following all this, you will be taken into the safe booting mode of the computer. You will now have to run the command as an administrator or open computer management, control panel. Then with the command line, reset password windows 10 in computer management or PC settings.
How to reset windows 10 without the password?
Reset or factory reset on your PC is now possible without a password, if you ever wonder the way to it. There can be many times when you might feel the need for a reset to your computer, or simply you might want to reset your computer because you forgot windows 10 password. In such cases, you can refer to this method: –
Note: – if you perform this method, all the data in your computer will be deleted and you will be left with only files which come from administrator.
- While on the locked password screen, press shift key on your keyboard and press on power button followed by the restart button.
- Do not release the shift key until and unless you find a new popped up screen with a few options.
- From the mentioned options, select troubleshoot and then press enter.
- You will now find a box which will have an option of “Reset this PC” within it. Click on it.
- You will now be asked to select among two options which are – keep my files and remove all the files. It is important to note that clicking on the keep my files option will prompt you to enter the password in the next page, hence, you will have to select the remove all files in order to reset windows 10 password.
- After you click on Remove the files, the computer will reboot in an instance and come up with another set of options, which are – just remove my files or fully clean the drive. A description will be given at the top of the options. Choose the best option which would be suitable for you and then click on it.
- After that, your computer should start resetting and the progress of resetting will be displayed.
- You will have to wait till the computer completes the entire rebooting procedure which would obviously take some time.
- After the procedure is complete, your computer will start with the fresh windows wizard.
- Upon the arrival of the Window Wizard, you will have to follow all the instruction stated to start your windows which would start with the selection of the default language (region) in which you want to launch the configuration on your PC.
How to reset administrator password windows 10?
An administrator password should be noted so you should never forget it. If you do, the procedure is quite lengthy and may even cost you some bucks. So, you must always write down your administrator password to not lose your account in case you forgot windows 10 password.
The administrator is such an account which is centralized in order to have access to every other account as well so you can even refer it to the life of all the accounts. In case you are locked out from your administrator account and you need to windows 10 password reset, you can reset password windows 10 or reset windows password by following the below mentioned procedure: –
- How to reset windows 10 password for administrator account can be answered by reset password windows 10 online.
- You have to have a working internet connection to start with. This requirement is a must as the procedure is an online one.
- You have to start with, going to a website which is – Microsoft’s reset website. Link for the same is – https://account.live.com/password/reset
- Once the website is open, you will find a page which will read – why can’t you sign in?
- Among the options, you will have to select the option of I forgot my password as you forgot windows 10 password.
- You will now be asked to enter in the account and password of your Microsoft account. Do the needful and press enter to log into your Microsoft account.
- You will now be prompted to enter in your alternative email id or your alternative mobile phone number.
- Enter the option to which you have access. If you enter in the email id, a code will be sent to your mail id which you have to enter back in the next page. If you select for a mobile alternative, you will be sent an OTP which as well is to be entered in the next page.
- Select the option and you will now receive either code or the OTP while the Windows waits for the code to be entered.
- You need to enter in the code or OTP now and you will be prompted to the next page upon correct recording of code.
- On the next page, you will be asked to enter your new password. Do the needful and select next.
- You will now have to restart your computer. This time you will have to enter the new password to log into your PC. This would help you gain access to your administrator account and would successfully reset windows password or reset password for windows 10.
Windows 10 forgot password recovery or Windows 10 password recovery
If you wish to windows 10 password reset, then the Windows have released an official method on how to reset windows 10 password. If you forgot windows 10 password, the reset windows 10 password can be done with the help of a disk which comes with your PC or can be bought from the nearest retailer.
The method here is that you will have to create a Windows 10 reset disk before your password is lost. If you have done the needful beforehand, then you may reset password of windows 10 by simply logging into your account. All the instructions will be provided to you there, which need to be followed in order to reset password windows 10. If you did not create it, you can go for the alternative administrator method.