Check How to Change your Skype Password With Quick Reset Tips
Skype is a popular tool used for VoIP. This service offers a chance to the users of the internet and enables them to place and receive voice and video calls online. It is free to download app which has broken several communication barriers. It enables people to cut down their phone bill expenses by making international video calling free. The Skype app can be used on desktops and mobile phones. From text chatting to video calling, it has everything that a modern-day messaging app needs. Its group calling feature is used by several businesses and corporations as well.
change skype password– Skype accounts contain a lot of sensitive information such as contact lists, personal messages, shared files, etc. Hence it is essential to ensure that the account remains safe. To ensure security, Skype password change needs to be done frequently. Sometimes, people may forget the Skype password and for this, they may need to go for Skype account recovery. The complete process to do so is mentioned in this blog.
How to change Skype password?
If you are conscious about your privacy and online security, then it is best to change Skype password frequently. Skype has made the Skype password change process pretty easy. You can do this in a matter of minutes. If you have a Windows or Mac desktop computer, then here are the steps you need to follow for changing your Skype password.
- Launch any preferred web browser.
- Go to skype.com and download Skype if needed.
- Now, open Skype on your computer.
- In case you are not signed in, type your email ID and password once the prompt comes.
- Scroll to the Settings and Preferences section.
- Click on the Change Password link. It is located on the right-hand side.
- Click on the enter password box.
- Now, you need to type your password in the text box.
- Select the Keep me signed in the box if you want.
- In case you are prompted to verify your identity, then you need to choose a verification method. Type the information asked, copy the verification code from your inbox or text message app and then type it in the correct text box.
- Click on the Sign-in button present below the password field.
- Now you will get logged into your Skype account.
- The Skype account password change page will open.
- Type the current password in the first textbox. You need to enter the password you have used for signing into Skype.
- After that, you need to enter the new Skype password.
- In the next field, you need to type the same password again.
- Click on the Save button given below. You will have to scroll down to the bottom of the screen. Now your Skype account password will get updated.
This was the process for Skype password change.
How to Reset Skype Password on Desktop
Here is the complete process for reset Skype password on desktop. Follow all the steps in the order given below.
- First, you need to launch Skype. Double-click on the Skype application icon. It is white and blue in color.
- Now, the Skype sign-in screen will open.
- Here you need to provide your Skype email address. Type the required information in the text box given at the center of the screen.
- After that, click on the blue-colored Next button. It is located under the email address text box.
- Now, you need to click on the Forgot my password link. You will have to scroll down a bit to find it. It will prompt the password reset screen to open.
- Enter the characters you see on the screen. You can click on Audio to hear the characters as well. To generate a new Captcha code, click on the New button.
- After typing the characters, click on the blue-colored Next button.
- If you have typed the characters correctly, then the recovery options screen will open.
- Select which security information you would like to use.
- Click on An alternate email address option.
- In case you have added a recovery phone number, then click on it. This will enable you to get the security code via text message.
- Now you can type the details missing on the screen. For instance, if you have selected the email address option, then you need to type your complete recovery email ID. Those who have chosen to use a phone number need to type the final four digits of the recovery number.
- Click on the Send Code button. You will find it under the text box.
- Now, you will get a verification code in your email account’s inbox or phone via text.
- If you have selected Email, then launch your email account, find the password reset email, open it and then copy the code.
- If you have chosen the phone option, then open the Messages app, tap on the text from Microsoft, and copy the code given in the text.
- After retrieving the code either from email or text message, you need to type it in the box given on the screen.
- Scroll down and click on the Next button provided at the bottom of the screen.
- After that, you will be required to type your new password in the first field.
- Then you need to re-enter the same password in the text box given below it.
- You can click on the box that says Make me change my password every 72 days.
- Then you need to click on the Next button. It is located right beneath the Re-enter password option.
- Now when the confirmation prompt comes, you need to click on Next and then log in to your Skype account.
- You can now log into your Skype account after typing the username, clicking on the Next button, entering the newly changed password, and clicking on the Sign in button.
- Now you know how to reset Skype password.
Skype Account Recovery Process for Mobile Phones
Did you forget your Skype password and want to recover your password? Well, follow the steps given below to reset your Skype password on mobile.
- Tap on the Skype app to launch it.
- Enter your Skype email address. Input the necessary data in the text case presented in the middle of the screen.
- Tap on the blue Next button.
- After that tap on the Forgot my password link.
- Type the letters you can view on the screen.
- Tap on the Next button.
- Tap on An alternate email address option.
- If you have added a recovery contact number, then tap on it.
- Input the details asked on the screen.
- Tap on the Send Code button.
- Retrieve the verification code.
- If you have chosen Email, then open your email account, locate the Microsoft password reset email, tap on it and then get the code.
- If you have picked the phone option, then fire up the Messages app, open the message from Microsoft, and note down the security code.
- After recovering the security code either from email or text message, you have to enter it.
- Tap on Next.
- Tap the new Skype password.
- Again in the text box type the new password.
- Tap on Next.
- Provide confirmation.
- You have successfully recovered your Skype account and changed the password.
- Sign in using the newly reset password.
- You have now successfully changed your Skype password.
Skype Password Change Process for Apple Devices
Recently, Skype by Microsoft faced quite a bit of trouble as individuals started getting unauthorized access to other people’s accounts. Hence it is always best to know the process to change your password for security purposes. Luckily, if you have an Apple device like Mac, iPhone or iPad, then you can easily recover a Skype account by changing the password. Find the complete process to do so mention below.
- In case you are logged into your Skype account, then access the Settings and sign out.
- After that, you need to type your username.
- Then you need to click on the link called Problems signing in.
- Type your Skype account email address.
- After that, you will receive a recovery mail.
- Open the mail and click on the link provided there.
- Change the password. Ensure that the new password is strong.
- Save the changes.
While making a new password, ensure that it is strong. It should have at least eight characters and must contain a mix of letters, numbers, and special characters. Also, avoid using obvious passwords such as 123456 or my password.
How to Change Skype for Business Password?
In case the admin has changed the password, then you might have to change the password while attempting to log into your Skype for Business application. This is what you need to do:
- First, you need to launch a web browser.
- Now, you need to navigate to www.office.com.
- After that, click on the Sign-in button at the top right corner.
- In the first text field, you need to enter the username of your Skype for Business account.
- After that type the password.
- Click on the Sign-in button.
- Now, you shall be required to type the password that the admin gave you once again.
- You need to enter a new password as well.
- Confirm the new password in the next text box.
- Click on the Update password and sign in button.
- Now, simply close the web browser.
- Launch the Skype for Business application.
- Enter your Skype username.
- Type the newly created password.
- Click on the Sign-in button.
This is how to reset Skype password.
Skype Account Recovery Form
To recover your Skype account, you will have to fill up a form. The complete process of filling the form, pointers, and procedure for account recovery is mentioned below.
Filling the form
Here is the process for Skype account recovery form filling.
- First, you need to visit account.live.com/acsr.
- Enter the information asked on the screen.
- Add an alternate email address.
- Type the characters on the screen and click on Next.
- Verify your email address,
- Enter the code.
- Click on the Verify button.
- Type whatever information is asked on the screen.
- Click on the Submit button.
- You will get a response within 24 hours.
Tips to Consider
Here are a few things you need to bear in mind while filling and submitting the form.
- Fill the form from a phone or computer from which you have accessed your Skype account before.
- You will be asked to provide the Skype ID or usernames or contacts in your account.
- In case you use Skype to make phone calls, you will be asked certain details regarding that as well.
Complete the form
- Enter the correct email address.
- Fill in as many details as possible.
- Ensure that the Email subject lines are correct.
Submit the form and then wait for Skype to contact you. You will receive the instructions for account recovery within 24 hours. In case you do not get them, then try filling the form again.
Skype allows users to recover Skype account by providing security information. Follow the stepwise instructions mentioned here and recover your Skype account password.
- You need to visit the account recovery page.
- Input the Skype name that you use for signing in.
- Click on the Next button.
- Now you will be asked how you want to get the security code.
- Click on the Next button.
- In case you are not familiar with any of the recovery methods, then go back to the previous screen and check if you have provided the correct username.
- If you cannot remember your username, then click on How to di n your Microsoft account.
- In case you cannot find any contact methods then click on I do not have any of these.
- Enter the information that is required on the screen for verification.
- Click on the Next button and then click on Send Code.
- In the Verify your identity box, type the code.
- Click on the Next button.
- Create a new password and for confirming it, type it again.
- Now, you can sign in to your Skype account by entering the new password.
This is the process to recover Skype account using security information.
Wrapping it up
If you have forgotten your Skype password, it is not a cause of worry, you can use the steps outlined above to easily recover your Skype account. However, do remember to create a strong and sturdy password that is not easy to guess or hack. Consider using special characters and avoid using dictionary words. You should also change your password from time to time to ensure that your account remains secure.