AOL Email Settings Detailed Guide
AOL Email Settings & Verizon Email settings for AOL Through IMAP, SMTP And POP Server
The present write up talks about the email server settings by which you can configure your Aol email account on any device or mail application. These settings include detailed description of IMAP, POP and SMTP server settings for the mail.
Prior to dealing with the detailed procedural steps of AOL mail, let’s get acquainted with the basic AOL mail server settings for Verizon.
AOL Email IMAP Server Settings
Enter these mail settings to configure your Aol mail through IMAP-
|AOL Mail IMAP server address (Incoming)||imap.aol.com|
|IMAP Username||Complete AOL Mail address. For AOL email, this is your AOL screen name plus @aol.com, for example, email@example.com.|
|IMAP Password||Your AOL Mail password|
|AOL Mail IMAP port||993|
|AOL Mail IMAP TLS/SSL required||Yes|
AOL SMTP Server Settings
|AOL SMTP Server Address (Outgoing)||smtp.aol.com|
|SMTP Username||Your AOL Mail screen name (e.g. whatever comes before @aol.com)|
|SMTP Password:||Your AOL Mail password|
|SMTP Port Number||587 (With TLS)|
|Alternative Port Number||465 (With SSL)|
|Sending Limits||500 Emails a day or 100 connections a day.|
AOL POP Server Settings
AOL Mail Server Settings for Outlook
Lets get started on how to setting up AOL mail on Outlook using IMAP Server.
- Firstly, open your Outlook and click on ‘File’ tab.
- Now, click on the “Add Account” button .
- From the next prompt, select checkbox ‘Manual setup or additional server types’.
- Select POP or IMAP service and click ‘Next’ button.
Now Add on the User Details for server information
Account Type : IMAP
Incoming Mail Server : imap.aol.com
Outgoing mail server :smtp.aol.com
Follow the Instruction as Below:
- Click on the ‘More settings’ option from bottom right side and select ‘outgoing server’ tab from the next screen.
- Select Tick Mark on the ‘My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication’ option and click check box ‘Use same settings as my incoming mail server’.
- On the same screen click on the ‘Advanced’ tab and then verify the following details:
Incoming IMAP server : 993 or 143
Incoming encrypted connection: SSL
Outgoing SMTP server : 587
Outgoing encrypted connection: TLS
Then Click on ‘OK’ button to finish this step.
- Now click on ‘Next’ from the Windows IMAP and POP account settings.
- If all the settings has entered perfectly then the test task will finish successfully. Then click on ‘Next’ option again.
- Finally, AOL Mail Server settings for outlook has been completed.
Conclusion: If you are looking for AOL email settings for Verizon, follow this article thoroughly. However, other AOL email server settings mentioned here along with the IMAP, SMTP & POP settings are useful for all users who are looking to settings their AOL email on Verizon email & their other devices.