AOL Mail sending and receiving email problems
One of the key reasons why you do not receive emails on your AOL email account is due to the email account settings of a third party client. Such as outlook and mail app on your phone. There can be a possible chance that this mail account of AOL has a clear instruction that the third-party email client deletes the AOL mails from the AOL mail server once you check the mail Use following steps to fix AOL not sending & receiving emails
- Your computer needs to be restarted if you have not restarted it for a while. The first step to troubleshoot is to restart the computer.
- Please use a different browser.
- Check your display name.
- Clear browser cache
- Disable pop up blocking software.
- Disable firewall, using MacAfee Internet security suite.
- If you are able to sign in into your mail account but unable to receive a new mail, you can follow the following steps to fix the problem.
- Check your email filters sometimes your email filters can bypass your email inbox, the email is sent to a trash folder or a different folder.
- You may need to check any filters to make sure your mails are organized.
- Messages may be delivered late in transit. This error occurs because the mail server has heavy internet traffic.
- Unfortunately other than waiting you won’t be able to understand whether the messages are undelivered please request the sender to resend the messages if it is possible.
- Please use the steps below to check the emails available in the spam folder, please mark the messages as not spam.
- Sign in to the AOL mail
- Click the spam folder
- Select the message that isn’t spamming.
- At the top of the page click, not spam.
- When AOL mail has a problem, and the AOL mails go missing it is due to few simple things, one is the email is in the wrong folder, your third party email account is disabled.
- Check all email folders for the missing email. Maybe some mails are marked as spam or filtered by mistake.
- Please check the email and spam settings, As to make sure what they expect.
- Please keep your email settings open on the email server settings enabled.
- Additionally, your email is not missing but goes straight to the unexpected folder. The IMAP setting syncs your mail regardless of where you use the AOL email. This also means the email will be sorted based on client specifications.
- There may be a possible chance that you have not signed into the email for very long, it could be a chance that the email account is deactivated due to inactivity of the account. Depending on the time frame that you have been deactive, you may lose the emails in the deletion process.
Problems in Receiving AOL mail needs to be fixed:
If your AOL mail account not receiving emails in inbox there might be other reason like file format maybe not supported, due to incorrect IMAP & POP settings, any antivirus virus software not allowing to receiving emails in AOL ,email sender may be blocked by AOL Spam Mail filter here you can read how to fix AOL mail not receiving emails
Fix’s AOL Not Receiving Emails
If email messages at AOL are mistakenly treated as a commercial mail, chances are that the email will get blocked.
- You can edit your spam settings in a number of ways, you can also allow email from a number of senders or restrict your senders, please switch off the mail filtering option from the AOL mail.
- Please familiarize yourself with the mail filtering option of AOL mail. Please make the best choices for you.
- If your mail filters use the custom list, you are supposed to add a sender domain to your mailing list, this has to be added to your list of accepted domains.
- If your email setting says accept emails from “People you may know” then you will need to add a sender email to your address box.
- Please ensure AOL mail does not delete your mails from your account.
- The mails that are available in the spam folder, ensure AOL mail account does not delete your mails from the server account.
- Open AOL mails and spam controls for this the keyword is spam.
- Under the heading blocked mail should be, select delivered to the spam folder and now click on save.
- Check your filtered email by following the same steps.
- Open the AOL.
- Click on mail
- Click on the spam folder.
- If any email categorized as wanted is available in your spam folder, ensure you let AOL know that this email is not a spam and it is a regular email.
- You can always seek assistance if still, you are facing AOL mail not receiving emails problem.
Reason For AOL not Sending Emails With Solution
There are some reason mention over here if your AOL not sending emails to another person, might be attachment is a too large file, maybe your account is blocked, you are sending emails on an incorrect recipient’s, Incorrect SMTP Settings so now you can check here how to fix AOL not sending emails problem.
AOL mail not sending emails Possible Step Wise Solution
- If your contacts are getting emails, you did not send, your sent folder is full of messages, you did not send.
- You are missing folders, it could be a sign that your account has been hacked.
- If these issues are clearly noticed you may not be able to send or receive emails.
- If you are having a problem with sending an AOL email, there are certain troubleshooting steps to fix the existing problem.
- Some of the key steps which will resolve your AOL sending mail issue.
- Please restart your laptop or desktop, this will clear the internal memory of the computer.
- If you are using an outdated browser, such as internet explorer, you may need to access your AOL mail, from a different browser, if you don’t have an updated or a supported browser please update the existing one.
- If you have any combinations of AOL the messages won’t go through. Please check the email settings of your account. In case you spot any suspicious activity in the account and you feel it has been hacked. Please change your display name and password and make a harder one which is not traceable by anyone easily.
- Clear your browser cache files, to reset the browser back to its clear state, doing this you will be able to wipe out all the little unwanted bits, of information stored in your browser. Resetting the browser enhances the performance of the browser.
- Please disable the pop blocking software, add your AOL to whitelist, please contact your software vendor. Most browsers will allow a temporary bypass, by holding the shift key and clicking on the site links.
- Ensure your firewall settings are disabled because this prevents the user to access the desktop or the AOL email online.
The Mail Server imap.aol.com not responding or Not Supported
This error leads to the trouble of the Mail server of AOL IMAP not responding everyone can find better solution to fix aol.imap.com not responding error to uninstall and reinstall the account after that the settings will be auto-corrected in this case issue may be solved either check here the step by steps solutions.
- Uninstall and reinstall the AOL mail account.
- At times due to heavy-duty traffic of outgoing and incoming emails the AOL account does not respond to the mail server.
- This means the mail account is dysfunctional.
- The best solution for this problem is to uninstall and reinstall the account settings.
- Force and quit the mail app Sometimes the problem is related to the glitch of the mail account application itself.
- Check your internet connection do you have strong enough cellular wifi signal.
- Remove and re-add the troublesome account.
- Manually configure server ports and authentication options.
- IMAP setting is 993 and 465 for SSL.
- If you access the AOL mail from the AOL.com server you don’t need to make changes to the AOL.com settings or your mail settings in other words by if you access the AOL mail account from the email client settings, then you will have to set your settings accordingly.
- If the user happens to change the mail configuration the user is supposed to take a mail backup to protect his emails from getting lost in the transition.
- If the IMAP server is not responding, first of all, make sure you have entered the server details correctly.
- Please check the email id and credentials of the email account once again.
- Maybe the user is not entering the correct email id and password.
- This is one of the key reasons why IMAP is not able to respond properly to the AOL mail account.
- This will be an error for the IMAP server.
- Reboot your phone or the desktop and open the AOL mail account once again.
- If you are still getting the AOL mail account not responding error you need to delete the AOL account and now re-add it again.
- People generally struggle with three kinds of issues, one is the application issue, second is the account issue. Server issue. All three issues need to be taken care of if you want the AOL mail account responds to the IMAP issue.
- The best way to deal with the server issue is please update your email application, you need to visit the email application in the application store click on update this will update the existing email application, non-updation of the email account can cause the IMAP AOL not responding error.
Conclusion: This article for those people are are having trouble to AOL not sending or receiving emails problems also your imap.aol.com not responding above there here are the possibilities to fix these problems