Have you ever had a call asking you why haven’t you replied to a certain email that you supposedly received a couple of hours ago? But when you check out your OUTLOOK inbox it hasn’t received a single email from a few hours ago. Don’t panic we have the best way of troubleshooting this outlook not receiving emails problem for you! Continue reading for further information on your problem of Outlook not receiving email.
What is Outlook Email?
Outlook Email, previously known as Hotmail, is one of the world’s first webmail services in the world. The outlook was developed by Sabeer Bhatia in the year 1996 (as Hotmail). Outlook also provides various other services like Clanedering, tasks manager, contact manager, etc. It was launched as Outlook by Microsoft in the year 2012.
Reasons and Remedies for Outlook Not Receiving Emails
- Wrong Username and password
Check your internet connection first. If it is connected and outlook is still not being able to receiving emails, then the first thing you should check is your username and password. If you are not asked to enter your details each time you open your account, then this is highly possible.
Follow these simple steps to rectify the situation-
- Go to “File” on the top left corner of your screen.
- Click on the “Account setting”. A drop-down screen will appear.
- Choose “account settings”.
- A new pop-up will be shown with your email address on it. Double click on your email address.
- Re-enter your username and the password.
- Click on “ok”.
If you have a forgot the username or the password of your Telstra mail, then go to Telstra mail support website to retrieve it.
Dial 1855-788-2810 To Fix Outlook Not Receiving Emails Issue: Erase Junk mail Filter
Your junk mail filter level is another parameter to check for your Outlook not receiving the email. When the filter level is too high, then it blocks some legitimate emails.
To get rid of the situation, try the following steps-
- Go to “Home” of your Outlook screen.
- Click on the “Junk email” icon.
- From the drop-down menu, choose “junk email options”.
- The new pop-up window will showcase the levels of filtering of incoming messages. Choose an appropriate level of filtering so that some important messages do not go to the junk mail section.
- Keep it to “Low” for testing.
- Click on “apply” and “ok”.
Wrong Server settings May Be The Reason For Not Receiving Emails In Outlook
You need to have correct outgoing and incoming server and port number to send/receive emails in Outlook or you will be facing the annoying issue of Outlook not receiving email. Use the following steps to ensure the same-
- Click on “File” on the top left corner of your Outlook interface.
- Select the “Account settings” dropdown menu.
- Select “Account settings”.
- A pop-up window will appear with your email address written on it. Besides the email address, make sure that under “type”, there is “POP” or IMAP/SMTP written on it.
- Now, double click on the email address.
- On the new pop-up window, select “more settings”.
- Choose the “Advanced” tab on the new window that has appeared. It will display the incoming and outgoing server numbers.
- For Telstra mail, the incoming server should be IMAP or pop.telstra.com. For IMAP, the server port number should be 993 and for pop.telstra.com, the number should be 995.
- In the outgoing server should be SMTP and the corresponding port number will be 587 or 465. For encrypted connection section below it, choose TLS.
- Now click “ok” and “next”. The new pop-up window will show that account settings are being tested.
- When the congratulation message will appear, close the window.
Corrupt Outlook Profile
Sometimes, the reason for Outlook not receiving an email can be your corrupted profile. In such a case, you need to create a new profile and link it to your email address.
- Click on “File” on the top left corner of your outlook interface.
- Go to “Account settings” drop-down menu.
- Choose “Manage profile” from the options.
- Click on “Show profile” out of the three options.
- Click on “Add” option.
- Now, choose a profile name as you desire.
- Click “ok”.
- Write the email id that you want to connect to the profile and type its password. Retype your password in the given area.
- Now, restart your Outlook app.
- Go to the “File” menu.
- Choose “account settings” drop-down menu.
- Click on “change profile”.
- Now click on “ok” on the pop-up window that will ask permission to restart your outlook app.
When restarted, you will need to choose a profile to start. Choose the newly built profile of yours and get going! But if you already have a outlook account and you want to recover your password though change outlook password read out our same blog in the technology section.
So far, we have been discussing regarding the Outlook not receiving email issue in the outlook app. Now let us discuss the same in case of Outlook online.
Fix Outlook Not Receiving Emails But Can Send Issue
- Running Out of Space
One of the reasons for not receiving emails on Outlook online can be its limited storage space. Go to your inbox and delete the unwanted messages that will free up space for the new ones. Also, empty your junk mail for extra storage.
- Outlook Online has two categories of messages
Focused and others. It is quite possible that the messages you are expecting are redirected to the other category. Check it properly.
Read More: Steps To Configure Outlook 2016
- Email rules
There are some email rules in your outlook email service. It is possible that some of the email rules are diverting your emails or even deleting it! You need to change your email rules to get out of the situation. Follow these simple steps now-
- Click on the “settings” icon on the right top corner of the screen.
- Click on the “view all outlook settings” on the bottom of the page.
- Choose the option “mail” on the left side of the screen and click on “rules” on its right-side column.
- It will show you all the email rules that are in effect in your Outlook mail.
- Select a rule to edit.
- Change the action of the rule and save.
- Choose “delete” if you want to delete a rule.
If any of the above-mentioned techniques do not help you to solve the Outlook not receiving email issue, then try to uninstall the outlook app and reinstall it. It will set the settings to default and probably, you will start receiving your mails to outlook.