Everyone Must Know The Guide Here How to Change Outlook Password
Microsoft Outlook is a Microsoft office manager which helps you in personal information management. It can help you with versatile activities including email management, appointments, contacts, and tasks. It has specially designed individual apps to help facilitate in all the above-mentioned activities. It is available to the audience as a part of Microsoft office suite.
Why do we need to change the password in Outlook?
There are many factors which can hint, it’s time to change outlook password. The main reasons are mentioned below:
- You must change your password in case you have forgotten it.
- You must change your password if you ever come across unusual login or any activity. This indicates that your account has been hacked or someone managed to gain access to your account.
- Lastly, you must change your password if you ever stumble across any password reset link sent by the email provider.
How to Change Outlook Password in Outlook 365?
With the aforementioned reasons, you will have to select an option as per your needs. The options provided to you to facilitate a password change will be: –
I want to change my password
This option to change outlook password is to be selected if you have access to your old password but, wish to change it for some external influences or circumstances. The procedure for the same is: –
- Sign into office 365 which is operated by 21Vianet using your username and password.
- Once you are logged in, go to settings.
- You will find a password option in the setting, select it.
- You will be prompted to type your old password, followed by double entries of the new password.
- Upon completing the procedure, Outlook will redirect you to the final page, click on submit.
Note: – outlook change password should be continued by updating the new password in phones and desktop email program in order to sync all the accounts.
I forgot my password, and I want to reset it
This option to change outlook password is to be selected if you have lost your password or have forgotten the same. However, take notes that only an admin can change the password. The procedure to be followed is: –
- Open office-365 and enter in your ID followed by the option of “can’t access your account”.
- You will be redirected to a verification page to ensure your identity, then type your name in the provided column.
- Follow all the procedure which would help the computer determine you aren’t a robot. Then, select ‘next’ at the end.
- You will now be asked for a verification contact method, select the email method.
- Let your office 365 browser open and, log in the alternate email you had provided to get the verification code.
- Input the code received in the alternate ID in your office 365 account and select next.
- You will be prompted to enter a new password. Enter it and recheck it and finally, click on finish.
- You will now receive a password confirmation message with a link to open your account.
- Open your account with the new password.
How to Change Outlook Password in Outlook 2016?
Outlook change password or Change Outlook password 2016 can be done with the help of the below-mentioned procedure.
- To change outlook password 2016, you need to obtain a profile setup dialog box. This can be obtained through – file.
- Select account settings.
- Now select manage accounts or control panel and then mail.
- Open mail setup dialog now.
- Upon opening the dialog box, click the option of email accounts.
- Now you have to double click on the account name to help open the change account dialog box.
- Change your password and complete all the necessary details.
- After this, click on next and finally finish the change outlook password 2016 process.
You can also check your server setting along with change outlook password 2016. You can access the full account setting dialog box which would help you check server and port setting, customize IMAP, delete folder settings and change outlook password 2016
How to Change Outlook Email Password?
How to Change Outlook Password for email is simple, with all these below-mentioned details. However, there is an exemption; outlook cannot change the password with your email provider. To be precise, if you lost access to your outlook password, you will have to check the section of change your outlook.com password, as this is the way you can change the password you have for your outlook.com account. Then you can easily Outlook change password.
- In Outlook, you must first click upon File.
- You will now have to look for account settings.
- Once you find and have open account settings, a new box will appear with another set of options. Click on account settings in the small dialog box.
- Now, you have to select the email account mentioned which, you wish to change the password for.
- Select the email account and now click on change.
- Now, you will again be prompted to another window reading as change account window. Update your password in the account i.e. set up the new password and select Next to verify it.
- Select close after outlook checks your account.
- Now click on finish and finally close.
This procedure should help you change outlook password for emails.
How to Change Outlook Password if Forgotten in 2016?
If you have set a password for any of your .pst files and forgot it, you will find yourself in deep trouble. If you don’t remember your password, then you will have no access to your email and also, will not be able to do anything. The trouble arises when you have not saved your password. That is if you have not selected the ‘save this password in your password list’ outlook will not remember or store your password and, ask you to enter the password every time you try to log in. This is when you are in trouble, when you have forgotten your password and also, not saved it by clicking the save password option.
Now, How to Change Outlook Password can be obtained via the below-mentioned procedure.
Locate your PST file
Before you can make any changes to your .pst file or change outlook password, you will first have to find its location. To find the location you might consider these steps.
- First, you have to open the control panel from the start menu. For a clearer view and locating of options, select the view by option and click on the large icons from the list.
- You will now find an option of mail. Click upon it. The option will briefly read – Mail (Microsoft outlook 2016)
- A mail setup box will now appear in front you.
- Below the email accounts, you will find data files account. That is the option that you will have to select. In other words, select the second option of data files account.
- Now, you will have to trace your password protected .pst file, of which you wish to change the password.
- Select the file and then click upon an option which reads open file location.
- This procedure should take you to the location of the file in Windows Explorer and further help you in outlook change password. It is usually in the documents folder of your pc, where outlook save the .pst files.
Recover the password
After you have located the file, recovering your password or Change Outlook password is just a few steps away. You can recover your pst file’s password without havoc by following the below-mentioned procedure.
- Now, as mentioned earlier, recovering a password for the data file is very difficult and hence, you have to go out of your way to recover the password. That is, you will have to install a software which will facilitate the password recovery for you.
- The programme is called ‘outlook password recovery’. You will have to download the software and then install it into your computer.
- After you have successfully installed the local programme, you have to further launch it and then select the option of unlocking the .pst file which, is present in your right-hand side.
- You will now have to let the software know which file is to be unlocked, and hence it will redirect you to browse.
- In the browser, you will have to select the file you located prior in the first step. Upon locating it, select it and then click on open.
- Now, you will be redirected to show that you now have access to 3 passwords created by the software. You can use either of the passwords to unlock your pst file.
- Now, every time you open your outlook, you may enter any of the given 3 passwords which were generated by the computer and gain access to your file easily.
Note: – It would be a good idea for you to tick mark the option of “Save this password” in order to help you gain direct access to the .pst file every time you try opening it. Once the option will be ticked, outlook will remember your password and input it itself every time. This way outlook change password procedure will not be needed to go through.