Settings For Comcast Email With Step By Step Instructions
This write up briefs about the Comcast email settings on various platforms. Keep reading to know more on the same
Here are the Comcast Xfinity email settings. Have a quick look:
Comcast Email IMP Settings :
|Incoming Mail Server|
The users’ username
|Server port:||993(or 143 whenever needed)|
Comcast Xfinity email SMTP settings
|Outgoing Mail Server|
The complete username’s email address.
|Outgoing SMTP secure||Port 465|
|Outgoing SMTP roaming server is secure||Port 587 and security type: SSL/TLS|
|Outgoing SMTP Port||25 and security type: None|
|Outgoing SMTP Insecure Port||587 and security type: None|
Comcast Xifinity email POP settings
|Username:||Your email address is your username|
995(POP with SSL)
Comcast Xfinity Email Settings for Outlook:
These steps will guide you to set up your Comcast email for Outlook.Have a quick read:
- Begin the procedure by double-clicking on the “Programs” icon on the desktop. Thereafter, from the sub-menu select the “Start” option and open the “Program Files” option.
- Now reach the “Internet Connection Wizard” by clicking “Tools”, “Accounts”, “Add” and “Mail” option.
- Choose “Create a new internet mail account” and hit “Next”.
- From the menu box select and add an email account and hit “Next”.
- On a new screen that appears, enter your Comcast email address and click “Next”.
- A drop down menu will appear on the next screen which will then display a list of options.
1. Enter “mail.comcast.net” in the Incoming mail server (POP, IMAP, HTTP servers)
2. Enter “smtp.comcast.net” in the Outgoing mail (SMTP) server and hit Next.
- Here, the user is required to enter the email account in the “Account Name” field. Choose a passcode and add that to the “Password” field. Ensure that you check the “Remember password” field which will then automatically log you in.
- Finish the setting up phase by clicking the “Next” and “Finish” option. This will update your Comcast email configuration.
- Hit click the “Properties” link and highlight the newly created account in the Internet Account” option.
- Here choose “My server required authentication “ and select “Settings”.
- From the “Outgoing mail server” box select “Use the same settings as my incoming server” and click “OK”.
- Select the “Advanced” option and change the “Outgoing mail SMTP” port number to 587.
- Thereafter your email configuration will finish once you click on “OK”.
Comcast Email settings for Windows Live mail
Here are the steps for Comcast email settings for Windows Live mail
- Begin by opening Windows Live Mail.
- Choose the “Tools” and “Accounts” link and click “Add”.
- Here at this step enter your Comcast email address and password.
- Choose a username to be added with the email that will be used in the following address.
- Now from the drop-down menu list select “POP3” and enter “mail.comcast.net” in the “Incoming mail” option.
- Add 995 in the port box and select the “SSL” checkbox.
- Add “smtp.comcast.net” in the Outgoing mail option. Enter 465 in the port and hit “Next” to finish the configuration process which will then be updated Windows Live Mail.
Comcast Email settings for Mac
These steps will fully guide you with the Comcast email settings for Mac.
- Begin by selecting “Mail” from the toolbar and choose “Add Account” from the drop-down menu.
- Select Add Other Mail Account.
- Enter your full name, email address i.e “firstname.lastname@example.org” and password in their respective fields.Thereafter click “Continue”
- Click “Create” after which Apple mail would be able to find the serversfor Comcast . This will be able to take the user to the Accounts window.
- Here click the “Advanced” tab.Thereafter, change the port to 995.
- Ensure the “Use SSL”is checked. Also ensure authentication is password.
- Now move back to the “Account Information” tab.
- At this step choose “Edit SMTP server list” from the Outgoing mail server present in the drop down bar.
- Hit click the “Advanced” tab.
- Custom port (that will be 587 ) must be selected.Thereafter, check if the “Use secured sockets layer” is selected and marked.
- Authentication which is password and the username and password are properly filled in. Hit on “OK”.
- As the last step click the red button present in the upper left corner of the screen and save all the changes.
Hope we have been able to help you with Comcast email settings .