- 1 Best Solution for Hotmail Account Recovery Problem
- 1.1 Why can’t you recover your Hotmail account?
- 1.2 Steps to Learn About Hotmail Account Recovery
- 1.3 Possible Causes Stopping Hotmail Account Recovery
- 1.4 Important ways to recover Hotmail account
- 1.6 How to recover deleted emails from Hotmail account ?
Best Solution for Hotmail Account Recovery Problem
Why can’t you recover your Hotmail account?
This writeup discusses the simple methods by which you can recover your Hotmail account. The Hotmail account may sometimes get blocked due to protection from fraud or abuse. This happens due to unusual sign inactivity.
If you are locked out of your Hotmail account you can use the following steps to unlock your Hotmail account.
- Firstly go to account.microsoft.com, and sign in to your locked account.
- Now enter a phone number and request a security code.
- The security code will be sent via a text message.
- After text arrives, enter the security code into the web page.
- Change your password to finish the unblocking or unlocking of the Hotmail account.
Any suspicious sign in or fraudulent approach, towards the Hotmail account, disables the account and does not allow a user to activate the account. However it’s worth noting that all Hotmail accounts gets deactivated after 270 days of inactivity.
Steps to Learn About Hotmail Account Recovery
Follow these steps for Hotmail account password recovery :-
- Firstly go to ‘recover your Hotmail account‘.
- Enter your email address and phone number, and click next.
- After this retrieve your verification code.
- Enter your verification code and click next.
You can easily find the email which is linked to your Hotmail account from account information page by following the below steps-
- Log in into your Hotmail account and click on ‘options’ from the top right corner of the screen.
- Now select ‘more options’ from the drop-down menu.
- Click on ‘account details’ from the ‘managing your account’ tab heading.
- Now scroll down and click on password reset information
- Here you will see list of emails which is linked to your Hotmail account.
- Click on ‘add’ beside the email subheading to add a new email account.
- Click ‘remove’ at the end of the email address, to remove it from your account.
Possible Causes Stopping Hotmail Account Recovery
Hotmail account recovery may not be possible in the following cases-
- You can’t recover your account if the Hotmail recovery process is done post 270 days.
- Furthermore an account cannot be recovered if the security questions answer are unknown.
- In case of personal information mismatch an account recovery may not be possible.
- Incase where the Hotmail account account recovery email is a dormant email that has not been used by the user in ages.
Steps involved in the recovery of Hotmail Account?
- First of all, go to the Hotmail account recovery page
- Visit the website called account.live.com page.
- Now select the ‘reset password’ option.
- Enter your Hotmail account email address.
- Now enter the recovery code in the given box.
- In the text field please enter the email captcha.
- Just choose the best reset possibility.
- Choose either email or click the option to ‘enter text’.
If you can’t sign in then you need to upgrade your Hotmail account with simple steps.
- Give a display name then enter a mobile number
- Then click on the continue button.
- Now fill in the details of the mail server which has SMTP and IMAP mobile server.
- Now move to the next option.
- Click the add button to add the Hotmail email account
- Then click the SSL mail server.
- Enter the password into the relevant field, now complete the procedure.
- For any further assistance you can contact the technicians. If these steps do not work you can create a new Hotmail account and change the secondary email to Microsoft account.
Important ways to recover Hotmail account
Hotmail is one of the leading email service providers, one of the few email providers which allow you to stay connected with your friends and family members, it is important to recover an email account so that you can restore and safeguard your emails. As a user please use the below features for Hotmail account:
- First of all, go to the Hotmail recovery page, visit https://account.live.com/resetpassword in your browser.
- Now check the lost password page in the top of the page.
- Click next you can see the bottom of the page.
- Then enter your email id which is suffixed with Hotmail.com
- No reset the password for the email.
- Now please enter the verification code, Sort the code that is within the box.
- Below the email address enter the captcha for email.
- Just choose the recovery email id for completing and moving ahead with this process.
- Once you enter the email captcha and click next.
- You can click the two options either email on this page or text on this page.
- Click on the send code option this will send a recovery code for the email id.
- Please retrieve the recovery code.
- Enter the Hotmail account recovery code, just ensure the recovery code matches the email account.
- This helps you to recover the Hotmail account. You will be taken to the password reset page. Enter the replacement password now set up a new password for the Hotmail email account. Once you set a new password please reenter the password.
- Enter the replacement code, and then the new password into the new password tab, then reenter the new password that has been set.
- Then click next, And afterward when prompted, Click the next one promoted.
- This may take you back to sign in. When u will be able to sign in.
- Your account exploitation from your new password. Once your password is successfully generated.
How to recover deleted emails from Hotmail account ?
A deleted email can be recovered by following steps-
- Click on the deleted folder in the Hotmail email and navigate to the left pane to see all the deleted emails.
- Browse through the deleted emails and select the checkbox next to the email messages you wish to recover.
- Now click on the emails which you wish to undelete.
- Now your deleted email will be back in your inbox.
However you must note that Hotmail keeps the deleted email only for 30 days in the trash folder. Post 30 days all email gets deleted permanently.
Conclusion – In the above article troubleshooting steps to recover Hotmail account has been explained in brief. The correct implementation of these steps will help you in fixing your Hotmail problem. However if you need any further assistance stopped working problem, feel free to contact us on our helpline number.