In this article we will explain you the ways by which you can change the password of your Hotmail account. To help you in this process we have jotted down simple steps by which you can change your email password easily. So let’s move on to our next section to know more about it.
Learn How to Change Hotmail Password :
The steps you need to follow to change Hotmail password are as follows:
- First of all, go to the Hotmail Password Reset Page
- Click on “I forgot my password” button.
- Then, click on “Next” button, which is available at the bottom of the web page.
- Now, enter the email address of your Hotmail account for which you need to change your password.
- Then, you need to provide the verification code which is shown below the email id field. To do so simply type the characters you see in the verification code field and click on the Next button.
- Then, you need to select the option by which you want to reset your password. This can be done either through alternate email id option or through getting text on your cell phone. Please note that this is the same email address or phone number which you entered for recovery at the time of your Hotmail account creation.
- Enter your email address or your last four digits of your phone number in the respective field.
- After providing the details, click on the “send code” button. This will send the code to your email address or phone number.
- Then you have to retrieve the code by one of these two methods-
- Using Alternate Recovery Email Address – Open and login your alternate email address and look for a email from Microsoft. From that email, copy the code and enter in your Hotmail password reset page.
- By Using Phone Number: Look for a text message from Microsoft with a code in it. Thereafter, copy and paste the account recovery code in the respective filed.
- Once you have entered your recovery code, click on the ‘next’ button.
- If your code matches then you will be directed to the screen from where you can create your new password.
- Enter your new password twice and click on submit option to finish the process.
- If you don’t have any registered phone number or email-id then click on “I don’t have any of this” and select “Next”. Then enter backup email id and follow the on screen instructions which will help you to reset your Hotmail account password.
- At last, it will take you to the sign-up page. There you can sign in your account using the new password.
How to Change Hotmail Password on the MAC Mail Application
All MAC user make sure after the changing the hotmail password, you need to update on the MAC mail application.Follow these steps to do this on your MAC –
- From the Beginning Open the Mac Mail application
- Hit on the “Mail” Option after that press on the “Accounts” option.
- Choose your shown Hotmail account which is Configures on MAC mail application.
- Now delete your old password & type in your new Hotmail account password and then close the window to save changes.
How to change Hotmail email password after sign in
- Firstly, open www.outlook.com and click on the “sign in” button. Now enter your Hotmail email id and password in the respective field.
- After successful log in, click the gear icon on the upper right side of the screen.
- Then, select more mail settings from the list of options available in the drop-down menu.
- On the web page displayed, select the account details under the managing your account.
- Then, you will be asked to provide your old password for security reasons. Once you have provided the password you will be directed to the overview page.
- In the overview page, select the change password link under the password and security info.
- This provides you with the steps to change your password, where you need to provide your new password and then the OTP sent to your registered mobile number.
- Enter the given OTP and click on ‘Verify’ to complete the process.
Need for Hotmail password change:
Under this topic, we can see why we need to change Hotmail password frequently. The various reasons are as follows:
- To protect your confidential data such as your personal information, photos, videos and so on.
- Use the password with strong security in such a way that no hackers can identify it.
- In case, if you are using the same password for a long time there is a chance to hack your details.
- If you forget to change the password then set a reminder in the setting option of your email. Which provides you alert message regarding Hotmail password change.
- In case you are lethargic about the Hotmail password change, then you will lose the data and you can’t able to retrieve it.
- Because of this, you will face lots of problem regarding business growth.
These are the reasons why the Hotmail password change should be done frequently. Now we can see how to set the hack-proof password for your Hotmail email account.
- The password should be in such a way that you remember it easily while should find difficult to find it.
- The characters used in the password must be long and composed of various characters such as strings, text, dots, numbers and so on.
- Make sure that the password you have set to your account using a logic.
- Don’t use your name, date of birth or anything related to you as a password because the hackers will easily use your details in your mail.
- Create a backup account for your email address in order to recover the contents of your email in case you have forgotten your password.
These are some things you need to be aware while setting your password for your email id. By setting the strong password for your email account you can save the data in your account efficiently.
Nowadays the use of email address is very important for every person who is working, studying etc. Hence keeping the information in the email address secure is the important one. To do this one of the best ways we can use to secure it, by using the password. In this article, I have provided different ways to set the password. I hope that this article will definitely help you to change Hotmail password. By reading this article you can reset your password in an efficient way.