Common Reasons For Hotmail Not Working
If you are facing issues with your Hotmail account, this could be due to the following reasons-
- Error with the device ( Computer, Phone etc).
- Server connection error
- Low Network Connectivity issue.
- Wrong Username & Password
- Browser error caused by Cache and Cookies.
- Improper configuration of email on mail applications.
A user can experiences Hotmail issue on Windows and Mac operating systems. Therefore we will discuss about Hotmail stopped working problems occurring on browsers such as Chrome, Safari and Firefox.
Effective Resolution for Hotmail Account Not Working Problem
Here are some of the points which you must take in consideration to fix ‘Hotmail Stopped Working Problem’.
- Check Hotmail Server Status : Due to the Server Problems Hotmail Won’t Work. This problem occurs on its own and gets resolved from backend on its own.
Fix Browser Related Problems : Use these steps to fix Hotmail Function not Working Problem – Delete browser history, clear cookies, reset browser settings again
Troubleshoot Network Settings Issue: There are High chances of your Hotmail stopped working due to improper network connection. Contact your internet service provider to fix this issue.
Incorrect Username And Password: Make sure that you are entering your correct login credentials. Incase if you don’t remember your password, try to reset it from ‘forgot password’ option.
Hotmail not Working on MAC Detailed Information
Issues of Hotmail with Mac operating system not working on MAC
First of all, it is important to know that Hotmail is a free web mail service provided by Microsoft and Mac is an apple product. Therefore as a result of this Mac users are often faced with Hotmail not working on Mac problems in their system. The incorrect configuration of the Hotmail on the Mac is the common reason behind all the Hotmail problems.
Hence users can follow the given configuration steps to configure their Hotmail account on Mac operating system.
- First of all start the mail application on Mac.
- Click on Mail ->Preferences.
- In the preferences click on the account.
- Click on the plus icon to add new account which is located at the lower left corner on your screen.
- Enter the details provided below correctly-
Username: Your Hotmail email id.
Password: Your Hotmail password.
Account type: POP.
Incoming mail server: pop- mail.outlook.com
Outgoing mail server: smtp- mail.outlook.com
- Click on the sign in button.
Finally after the sign in you will be able to send and receive Hotmail mails in your built-in Mac mail application.
Trying to Fix if Hotmail not Working on Safari
Users can also access their Hotmail account in the Mac operating system by using the Safari web browser for the reason that Safari is built-in web browser in Mac. Some users might get a problem like Hotmail, not working on safari hence such users can follow the below mentioned tips to solve this issue.
- First of all check your internet connection.
- Make sure that you are using updated version of the safari web browser.
- Clear cache memory. Follow steps given below to clear cache memory on safari-
- Open the safari web browser.
- Click on the history tab from the menu bar.
- Select the show history option.
- Go to delete all history items.
- Delete history. Steps to delete history on safari are given below.
- Click on the Advanced tab
- Enable the checkbox of ‘show develop menu’ in the menu bar.
- Click on empty cache.
- Clear cookies from the Safari browser by following the steps given below.
- Open the Safari web browser.
- Go to preferences.
- Click on the security -> show cookies.
- Hit the ‘Remove All’ button.
Hence after trying all the above mentioned steps try opening your Hotmail on the safari browser to fix Hotmail, not working on safari will be fixed.. Above all for the error-free experience of applications and latest features, one should regularly update their Mac OS X.
Hotmail not Working on Windows
Issues of Hotmail with Windows operating system
Windows users often open their Hotmail account from the windows live mail software. Hence user must correctly configure their Hotmail account on windows live mail application to avoid Hotmail problems. Therefore follow the given steps to configure your Hotmail account on windows live mail application successfully to fix Hotmail stopped working problems on windows OS.
- First of all on the account option from the windows live mail ribbon.
- Click on the Email button with the symbol +@.
- It will open the add email account page on the screen.
- Click on the checkbox of name ‘manually configure server setting’.
- Now click on the next button.
- Select IMAP from the drop down list as the server type.
- Enter the following enumerated details in the incoming server setting of windows live mail.
Server address: imap-mail.outlook.com.
Port number: 993.
Click on the check box of name ‘require a secure
Log in user name: hotmail user id or e-mail address.
- Type below the setting for the outgoing server information.
Server address: smtp-mail.outlook.com.
Port number: 587.
Click on the checkbox of name ‘require a secure
Click on the checkbox of name ‘require
- Click on next button and the click on finish to save setting.
- From the windows live mail ribbon menu click on Home tab.
- Click on send/receive.
- Enter the Hotmail password of the user in the popup menu.
- Finally click on remember password check box if user need to remember their password by the system.
In this way user can configure their Hotmail account on the windows live mail. The users who are getting Hotmail working problems in accessing their mails through windows live mail can uninstall the widows live mail and then reinstall the latest version of windows live mail on their system. User can use above steps to reconfigure their Hotmail account on updated or newly installed windows live mail app.
Hotmail not Working on Chrome and Firefox
Windows users also access their Hotmail account from the different web browsers like Google chrome, Mozilla Firefox, etc. Multiple users also reported that they are getting problems like Hotmail not working on chrome or other web browser. Hence here are some quick tips to solve the problem of Hotmail in web browser.
- Set correct date and time on the system: The inappropriate time and date setting in the system can be the reason behind Hotmail won’t working issue. Therefore make sure that the time and date in system is set correctly. Furthermore to update the time and date just double click on the system clock and update the date and time as per your current location.
- Update the web browser: You need to make sure that you are not using outdated web browser for accessing hotmail account. Hence Google chrome users can update their browser by following way- Open chrome and click more from top right side of window and click on the update chrome. Above all if you don’t see update link, it means that you are already using the latest version of chrome.
Mozilla Firefox users can update their browser by using given steps:
Open Mozilla ->Menu ->Options-> Update.
- Clear browser cache memory and cookies of the web browser:
Steps for Chrome users:
First of all, Open chrome-> More-> More tools-> Clear browsing data. Furthermore you can click on all time to delete everything. Click on the boxes ‘cookies and other site data’ and ‘cache images and files’. Click on the clear data button.
Steps for Mozilla users:
First of all, Open Mozilla Firefox-> Menu-> Options-> Preferences. Click on the privacy security tab in the preferences window. Click on the cookies and data and thereafter click on clear button to clear cookies and cache memory from Mozilla Firefox.
- Enable java script: Accidentally disabling the java script can be the reason behind the Hotmail issues with the web browser. Hence follow the steps given below to enable java script.
For chrome users:
Open chrome-> more settings-> Advanced-> Privacy security-> content setting. Finally click on the java script radio button to turn java script.
For Firefox Users:
First of all, Open Mozilla-> Menu-> add ones->Plug-in-> search the plug-in Java ™ platform and activate it.
- Update adobe flash player:
- Switch to another web browser:
Switching to another browser which is compatible with the Hotmail can also solve the user’s problem sometimes. Furthermore Hotmail is compatible with Google chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Internet explorer, Microsoft edge, Safari web browser. You can use any of the above web browsers for accessing your Hotmail account.
- Resetting the privacy and security setting of web
browser to default:
The certain changes in the privacy and security can leads to the problem like Hotmail not working on Firefox or chrome. Hence resetting the browser setting to default can help user to solve the Hotmail problem.
- Temporary disable antivirus program: First of all the user needs to make sure that the antivirus program is not blocking the access of the Hotmail site. Because if yes then the user needs to unblock it from the list. Furthermore the user can simply turn off the antivirus program temporarily and try to access the Hotmail account from the web browser. If successfully then it’s clear that the problem is with the antivirus program which is restricting access to Hotmail account. Above all it is also recommended to uninstall or renew the expired antivirus program to avoid further issues.
Hence the above troubleshooting guide will definitely solve all the Hotmail not working on MAC, Chrome and other devices issues with the users system. Also Hotmail suspends accounts due to lot of spam mails, illegal activity on account or inactivity on account for long period of time. While this doesn’t happen often, errors might also occur due to Hotmail server problem or in case they are updating their services in the user’s area. Therefore in such a case the user can simply open the Hotmail web page after sometime.
Conclusion: If you are still facing the Hotmail account working problem in your account then probably your account might be hacked by someone. Therefore in such cases it is advisable to get in touch with the customer support team of Hotmail.