Msn is a leading web portal and internet service provider of Microsoft. MSN is used by several users to enhance their web browsing experience. User can stay updated by getting latest news around the world from the trusted and reliable resource that is www.msn.com
Users can get information about breaking news, current affairs, weather updates, celebrity gossips, political and financial updates, business and technology related news on the single page. Users can also set their location to get regional news updates. The user who frequently visited www.msn.com can set MSN as their home page by referring to this article. The homepage is the web page that opens automatically after opening the particular web browser.
How to Restore MSN My Homepage
Setting the msn.com as your web browser homepage is the best way to get all the latest information and updates of the world on a single page. Users can organize the MSN homepage according to their requirements. It is compatible with desktops, laptops as well as mobile devices. This article is the ultimate guidance about setting the MSN as the homepage on different web browsers. It also assists the user to restore MSN homepage from the google.com
How to set MSN as the homepage on Microsoft edge web browser:
Microsoft edge is recommended and default web browser in the latest Windows 10 operating system. MSN is the already set as the default homepage on the Microsoft Edge web browser the user another website as their homepage e.g. www.google .com and searching for how do i change my homepage from Google to MSN or how to restore MSN homepage can use following steps which help the user to restore their MSN homepage on Microsoft Edge web browser.
- Open the Microsoft Edge web browser.
- In the top right corner, the user can see the more icon (…). Click on that icon.
- Go to the setting option from the context menu.
- Go to the section named ‘open Microsoft edge with’.
- Click on the ‘a specific page or pages’.
- Users can enter the www.msn.com or the website address which user wants to set as its homepage.
- Click on save icon to save the setting.
How to set MSN as a homepage on Internet Explorer:
Internet Explorer is the default web browser in windows xp, vista, 7,8 and 8.1 operating system. As internet explorer is the product of Microsoft, msn.com is set as the default homepage in the internet explorer. Here are the steps to set MSN as the homepage of the internet explorer browser also know as how to restore MSN Homepage
- Open Internet Explorer.
- Visit the msn homepage.
- Go to ‘Tools’ and click on the ‘Internet options’ from the context menu.
- Click on the ‘General’ tab.
- Search for the homepage section on the screen.
- Click the button ‘use current’ to set msn as a home page on the internet explorer web browser.
User can use another method to set msn.com as their homepage on internet explorer web browser.
- Open Internet Explorer web browser.
- Go to home page of msn.
- Click on Tools-> Internet Options-> General.
- In the General tab search for homepage section.
- Highlight the button named as ‘use default’ to set msn as a homepage on internet explorer.
How to set msn as homepage on Google Chrome:
By default Google chrome opens the set of tabs as a homepage. Multiple users are searching for the steps to make msn my homepage permanently/Restore MSN Homepage. Here are the steps by using which user can make msn as their homepage on Google chrome.
- Click on the icon with three horizontal lines icon which is situated at the top corner of the screen and named as ‘customized and control Google Chrome’.
- Click on the setting from the available options.
- Scroll down and search for appearance section. Under appearance section, turn on the ‘show home button’ option which is disable by default.
- It will open set of two radio buttons. Click on the second one.
- It will ask for enter custom web address type www.msn.com in that text box and click on ok button. The users which already set another webpage as their default homepage can remove the current URL from the text box and enter msn website address in text box.
- After this homepage icon appears on the Google chrome toolbar.
- Click on it to visit the new page which you recently set.
Chrome users can also user an alternate method provided below to set msn as their homepage.
- Open Google chrome.
- In the upper right corner of the screen user can see the menu icon with three dots. Click on it.
- From the drop down menu click on the setting category.
- Search for the startup sections in setting.
- Click on the button named as ‘open specific page or set of pages’.
- Go with the ‘set pages’ option.
- Enter the homepage URL i.e. www.msn.com
- Click on the ok button.
- After then sit will be added in the link.
- Select the homepage URL which you added in the list and click ok button to complete process.
How to set MSN as the homepage on Mozilla Firefox:
- Open Mozilla Firefox web browser.
- Click on ‘Tools’ from the Mozilla Firefox toolbar.
- Go to the ‘options’.
- Open the General tab.
- Under the homepage section enter the www.msn.com from the keyboard. The user which are having the another website as their homepage and wants to switch to the msn as their homepage can remove the existing website address from the textbox and type msn website address in the text box.
- Click on ok button to complete process.
In this way user can set msn as a homepage on the Mozilla Firefox web browser or Restore My MSN Homepage. There is and msn extension available in Mozilla Firefox store. User can download and install it to access the benefits of msn and set it as homepage of Mozilla Firefox browser.
How to set msn as homepage on Safari:
Safari is the default web browser in the Mac operating system. Users which are using Mac can set msn as their homepage by following given steps.
- Open safari web browser.
- Go to the www.msn.com the page which you want to set the homepage of safari browser.
- Open the Safari menu and go to preferences option.
- Select the general tab.
- Under the homepage click on the button named as ‘set to current page’.
- To open the new tabs with the msn home page click on the radio button ‘New tabs open with’ and select homepage.
- Click on close button.
How to set msn as homepage on Opera web browser:
Opera web browser is mostly preferred and used by the users who need to access internet frequently. Opera users can execute following steps sequentially to set msn as their homepage.
- Open opera web browser.
- Click on the ‘file’ option from the tool bar of opera web browser.
- Go to the ‘preference’.
- Click on the ‘start and exit’ section on the screen.
- In the text box user can type the www.msn.com to set msn as their home page on the opera web browser. The users which previously set another webpage and want to set msn as their homepage can deleted the current URL in the text box and type the URL of msn in it.
- Click ok button to compete the process.
Several users reported that the browser keeps asking repeatedly to set msn as their homepage. In such cases best way is to download and install the latest version of your web browser available in the market. The users which experienced the problem of msn not loading in their web browser can follow given set to solutions to fix the problem.
- Check the internet connection. The users with poor internet connection often face the problem like my homepage of msn not loading.
- Restart the system or turn it off and switch on the system after few minutes.
- Check the firewall and antivirus setting. There is possibility of msn is added in the blocked list of antivirus so user is unable to load msn in their web browser.
- Clear the temporary files or cookies of the web browser.
- Clear the cache memory of the web browser.
- Clear web browsing history.
- Turn off ad blocker.
- Reset the network and internet connection setting.
- Update the web browser.
After trying all the solutions click on the refresh button to check whether msn webpage is loading or not. In rare cases there can be server problem of msn in your area. MSN might be updating their services so they temporary down their services. User can simply try after sometime in these case.
There are several other browser and their versions available in the market. The most used and top browser with the procedure to make msn as their homepage and provided in the article.
We hope, user will get the perfect solution for the question of how do i restore my msn homepage in this article. User can use the appropriate method for setting msn as homepage for their web browser.