Step by Step Procedure to Fix Yahoo Mail not Working Trouble
Lets Started Brief About Yahoo Before to Fix Yahoo Mail not Working Problem
In today’s fast-paced world, the internet helps us to keep up with the times. An indispensable part of the internet is the electronic mail system. The concept invented by Ray Tomlinson is a medium to exchanges important messages between the users of the electronic devices. The usage of mails was limited in the year 1960 which eventually spread to a wider audience in the year 1970s. We have many email service providers at our disposal. These include Gmail, Zoho, AOL mail, Yahoo to name a few. However, our present writeup is concerned about just one, i.e “Yahoo” mail. However, before talking in detail about the issues related to Yahoo mail not working let’s devote little time in talking about Yahoo mail. A little about Yahoo mail
Launched by the American parent company in 1997, “Yahoo”, Yahoo mail is a well-reckoned email service. The mail service provides the user with three separate email plans, out which two are meant for personal use and the remaining one for business purposes. As a matter of fact, this mail service is recorded as the third-largest web service all over the world that has been catering to over 227.8 million active users joining this mail service every month. The subsequent sections talk about the issues that Yahoo mail not working along with the various ways to fix it on different media. So without much ado, let’s get started!
Most common causes that impede the functioning of Yahoo mail Not Working
Here is the list of the topmost reasons that lead to the issue in the functioning of Yahoo mail i.e. Yahoo mail not working
- An obsolete version of your browser.
- The unwanted crowd of caches in the browser hindering the smooth functioning.
- Improper computer settings.
- Presence of malware in your computer system.
- The presence of third-party extensions and add on in your Yahoo mail also leads to the Yahoo error.
- Entering the wrong password or username or maybe both of the former and latter reasons.
The third and the fourth section talks about the troubleshooting steps to fix Yahoo mail not working on Chrome browser on desktop and on a Mac.
Troubleshooting Guide to fixing the issue of Yahoo mail not working on the Chrome browser on the desktop
Has your Yahoo mail not working
on Google Chrome off lately? If you are frequently facing trouble in performing the same follow the below-mentioned step. The subsequent troubleshooting steps will help you as a layman without the requirement of much technical knowledge. Ensure as a user you are using an updated version of Google Chrome: To Tackle Yahoo Mail not Working on Chrome
Clear all the browser’s troublesome cache on Google Chrome:
- To check your Chrome version and update the same if required follow the below mentioned easy to perform steps.
- As a first step, open the Google Chrome browser.
- On the uppermost right corner of the screen, click on “Customize and control Google Chrome button”.
- Here from the drop-down menu that appears on your screen, click on “Help” and thereafter select “About Google Chrome”.
- The very next window that you would see on the screen will check the updates and inform you about the current version of Chrome.
- Now if the current version is available the update will be done by Chrome automatically.
- Lastly, once the update is done, click on “Relaunch” option and let the update be completed.
The browser’s caches can also obstruct your mail’s functioning at times. Here is a simple guide for you to perform the same.
Try restarting your device:
- Press “ctrl”,” shift” and “delete” buttons simultaneously. Thereafter, a new window opens titled “Clear Browser Cache” and proceeds to the next step.
- Now click on the available upper drop-down menu and select the particular time period for which you wish to delete the cache data.
- Here if you wish to delete all cache dates, go for the option “Select all”.
- Now finish the procedure by clicking the box right next to “Images and files in Cache” and submit your choice by selecting the “Delete browser data” option and you are done with the process after reloading your site.
If the above steps didn’t help much, this one might work in your favor. Try restarting your computer afresh for better functioning. If this still doesn’t help, contact the professionals as we mention it in the later part of the writeup to know how to fix yahoo mail not working on chrome
Troubleshooting Guide to Fixing the issue of Yahoo mail not working on Mac Check for the basic internet connection
A good steady internet connection is the first prerequisite for the mail service to work. Check whether you are receiving a steady internet connection. If not, follow the below steps to resolve yahoo mail not working on mac.
Check whether Yahoo mail works on other platforms other than Mac mail
- Check for the internet connection by visiting the “System and Preferences” screen and thereafter clicking the “Network” icon.
- If the wifi network is not turned on your computer. Do the needful by clicking on the “Wifi” icon on the “Network” window and select “Turn wifi on”.
- If even the above steps do not work in your favor, restart your modem and wait for a minute to see if the internet connects back.
- Lastly, restart your Mac afresh.
To perform the same, follow the below-mentioned steps.
Update your Mac OS
- Open your web browser and log in to your Yahoo mail account.
- Now sends an email to one of your accounts or on your same Yahoo id.
- Here if you receive the mail that you had sent, it means everything is alright with the mail and if not then the error still exists.
An obsolete computer system may also lead to the error in the functioning of your mail account. You can update your MacOs by following the below-given steps.
Add the Yahoo mail account on the Mac mail
- In the Software Update section, click on the “Update Now” option and wait patiently for it to get installed.
- You can also check “Automatically keep my Mac up to date” link.
- Now let the computer update the applications. Thereafter restart your system afresh
After performing the above step, you can delete your account from the Mac mail and add it yet again and check if the problem gets resolved. To do the same, follow the steps below.
Check your mail account settings:
- First of all, open Mac mail on your Mac system and click on “Mail”.
- Now from the drop-down menu, click on the Preferences option
- Here click on the “Accounts” tab and thereafter click on the “+” tab
- Now choose your mail account carrier, in this case, “Yahoo”.
- Now go on and add your Mail account.
- Hit “Next” and type your correct email server information (the IMAP and POP).
- Enter your STMP server information and finally click on “Create”.
- As the final step, restart your system and sig into your Yahoo mail and check whether it works now or not.
There might some problem in your mail account settings stopping you from receiving emails from a certain sender. Check the below-mentioned information in the settings section of your mail
Check for the correct server address:
- Check your spam folder and see whether the security of your mail account is marked or not.
- Check your blocked address folder and checked if you have accidentally blocked the sender from which you expect mails.
- Lastly, check the email filters and see if the email you had received isn’t landed in the spam folder by mistake.
Check whether you have entered the correct server address on your Mac mail. To do the same follow the below-given steps.
POP3 incoming mail server: pop.mail.yahoo.com (port 995 and SSL is required) IMAP incoming mail server: imap.mail.yahoo.com (port 993 and SSL is required) SMTP outgoing mail server: smtp.mail.yahoo.com (port 465or 587 SSL is required) NEWS server: mews.yahoo.com Establish a fresh connection by taking your email account offline:
- First of all, open Mac mail and click on “Mail”.
- Click on “Preferences”. Thereafter, click on “Account Information”.
- Now select your account and check whether the account type is selected as “Yahoo mail”.
- Enter the server addresses as
Apple has the provision for its users to take your account offline for a brief moment and establish a fresh connection between Yahoo mail and Mac mail. Follow the below-given steps to perform the same.
You might have forgotten the login information!:
- Begin by clicking on Mailbox.
- Now select “Take al accounts offline.
- Repeat the above two steps again.
- Lastly, select “Take All Accounts Offline” from the Mailbox tab.
You might be unable to access the Yahoo mail because of putting the wrong account information. You can easily recover your account information by following the below-mentioned steps.
- Go to your Yahoo mail and click on the link “Trouble Signing In”.
- Here you can enter your phone number or recovery email address as the medium to recover the login information.
- You can now recover your login information by putting the verification message that you had received on your mail or phone number
: I hope the writeup comes to your best use while working on Yahoo mail and looking for the appropriate ways to fix the issue of Yahoo mail not working on Chrome and Mac.