Ultimate Steps to Know How to Recover Yahoo Account Password
How to Recover or Change Yahoo Account Password When Locked Out Of Email
This article provides troubleshooting steps for recovering Yahoo account or Yahoo mail password. By following these troubleshooting steps correctly you will be able to get back in your email account easily.
Forgot Yahoo Password: Must Know Steps For Yahoo Password Change or Recovery Procedure
The steps involved to Change the forgotten Yahoo account password are given as below-
- Yahoo Account Recovery by using an alternate email address:
In this method a password recovery email is sent to the alternate email id. So follow the given steps to to recover or change Yahoo mail password
- First go the browser and open the Yahoo login page and enter your email address and click on the next.
- Now in next window click on ‘forgot your password’ button.
- Next click on ‘I don’t have access option’. Thereafter you will receive a recovery code on your alternate email address. Enter that verification code on the box shown on Yahoo page.
- Now a password reset link will be sent to your email. Click on that link and it will take you to a new page.
- Now from here create your new password and save changes.
Yahoo Account Recovery of password through Phone:
Follow these steps to Change Yahoo account password through phone-
- Firstly go to mail.yahoo.com to open sign in page and then go to ‘forgot password’ page by following the steps shown in above section.
- Next enter your registered phone number
- Now click on ‘Text me a verification code’ option as shown in below image.
- Thereafter on your mobile number you will get a verification code. Enter that code on the Yahoo page to verify yourself and after few seconds you will be redirected to the password reset page.
- Create a new password and save.
- You account has been successfully recovered now. You can login using your new password and access all your mails.
Yahoo Account Recovery using a secret question:
If you do not have access to your phone and email address, follow the below steps to Change your Yahoo account Password:-
- Firstly go to the Yahoo’s Contact page and select ‘Password and sign in’ option.
- Select ‘forgot password’ under the subtopic-two and then enter the email address under the recommended option and hit on ‘submit’ button.
- Now press ‘next’ and enter the ‘captcha’.
- Select use my secret questions followed by answers for your secret question.
- Now you will redirected to a new page from where you can set your new password.
So to summarize you can recover your account password by using a security question. After answering the security question correctly, you can set a new password for your Yahoo email address.
Learn The Process to Change Yahoo Account Password:
The process to Change the Yahoo password is used when you remember the password and wish to change it. The following steps will assist you to change Yahoo mail account password-
- First of all login into your Yahoo account and select your profile and then click on ‘Account security’ option.
- Now click on ‘change password’ option. Thereafter enter the old password followed by entering a new password.
- Now press and save changes for your Yahoo account password.
Using these steps you can change your password by resetting it.
Learn The Process to Reset a Forgotten Password for Yahoo Mail account:
If you forget your Yahoo mail password, the best way to access your account is to generate a new one. Yahoo mail offers the fastest mail and security features, recovering a forgotten password is one such feature. Steps to change the password.
- Please visit the www.yahoo.com by using a web browser on your computer.
- Now sign to your Yahoo mail account with the login details
- Click on the gear icon, now click on choose account info, now scroll down the drop-down menu, please click on the Account security question which is available on the left side.
- Now you need to enter your password to continue, to the next page and account security question. Now click on the change password link, after that enter the new password, for your yahoo mail account then renter the password and confirm. Now click on the continue tab to complete the procedure.
How to Recover Yahoo Account If Mail Account Stands Suspended:
Follow the below step for Yahoo Mail account recovery if the mail account has been suspended-
- Go to Yahoo Sign in helper page
- Enter your Yahoo email address and phone number, or backup email address.
- If your account has been permanently deleted, you will receive a notification stating it’s deactivated and it can’t be recovered.
- If your account is still available you will be able to reset your password to access the account, similar to the recovery steps already discussed earlier.
Steps to Reset Yahoo Password on Mobile
The Yahoo mail password can also be changed on your mobile. However, you can’t make changes through the Yahoo mail app. You need to visit Yahoo website to change the password of your Yahoo mail id.
- First of all open the Yahoo mail website on your mobile and then log in with your Yahoo account.
- Now click on options from the scroll down menu. Open ‘Account Security’ page and click on ‘change password’.
- Now enter a secure new password for your Yahoo mail and then re-enter to confirm it. Now sign in to your Yahoo mail account with the new password to finish the process.
Troubleshooting Steps For – How to Recover Your Email If You Forgot Your Yahoo Mail Password:
Additional steps to change the password are as follows,
- First of all, go to the account recovery page for Yahoo mail, that is http://login.yahoo.com, the process is more or less the same for mobile or desktop.
- Now enter the Yahoo mail address is the given box and click on continue.
- Now click on Yes and send me an account key tab.
- Post this step please selects the procedure to receive your account key.
- If you have an alternate email id or phone number linked to the Yahoo mail account then now you will receive a verification code.
- Now you can select the phone number method to receive the verification code.
- Make sure the phone number and email id you are entering for recovery are linked to your Yahoo mail.
- The verification code will always come on the registered phone number.
- Now enter the received code, into the given box then click on verify, then Yahoo will verify the code and redirect you to the next page.
- After this please enter a new password for your Yahoo mail account, in the new password tab now reenter the password and confirm. Now click on continue this finishes the process.
Reactivate Or Recover Yahoo Account :
If the Yahoo mail account has been deleted it cannot be recovered post 365 days, the steps to reactivate the account are as follows.
- Please go to the yahoo mail sign-in page
- Please input your username and password, and select sign in.
- If requested, follow the account verification code, which may include the account verification process.
- A verification key is always sent to your registered phone number or email id.
- Please input the Captcha verification code. Select reactivation once you receive a success notice please try to sign in the Yahoo mail account.
- Enter your Yahoo mail and password, and then select a sign-in option.
- Keep in mind some data is permanently deleted during the deletion of this Yahoo mail account. The Yahoo mail account will take a time period of 24 hours. If you can’t access your account follow the reset password option.
This writeup discusses all the steps in detail which are required for Yahoo account recovery. However note that if your Yahoo account crosses more than 90 days of inactivity, it may be suspended. Furthermore 365 days of suspension will lead to a permanent closure of your account where your account can’t be recovered again. Yahoo mail account can be recovered with recovery phone, recovery email address and security question.
Feel free to contact us if you face any issues in relation to your Yahoo account.