- 1 Forgot AOL Password Tips to Change and Recover AOL Password
- 1.1 Learn About AOL Forgot Password Problems For Which We Need to Recover & Change AOL Password
- 1.2 What to do When You Forgot AOL Password and How to Recover AOL Password ?
- 1.3 How to Change AOL Password
Forgot AOL Password Tips to Change and Recover AOL Password
Learn About AOL Forgot Password Problems For Which We Need to Recover & Change AOL Password
Hello fellow readers, In this writeup we will discuss about issues which may cause you to change AOL password. We will also be discussing the various methods by which you can change or recover AOL Password. Thereby we have also discussed the methods by which a user can create a strong password as this is an essential part of email security. So read on to know more.
First and foremost it is important to know the reason for why you need to Recover password for AOL –
- Changing account password on regular intervals makes the email account more secure and keeps you safe from hackers.
- Another reason for changing AOL Password is when your login credentials are not getting accepted due to incorrect password.
It is very common to forget email password, however it is vital to Recover Forgotten AOL Password in order to avoid losing your email data, contacts and various other valuable information.
What to do When You Forgot AOL Password and How to Recover AOL Password ?
Your AOL password gives you access to all AOL services that you use therefore it is always a fair idea to update your existing password of the AOL email account on regular basis. Make sure your passwords is set up in a unique way so that it is strong enough to protect you from hackers.
Follow the below mentioned steps to change the password for the AOL mail-
How to Change AOL Password
- Go to the AOL account security page and click the change password option.
- Now enter a new password and re-enter it again to confirm it and click on continue to save.
Change AOL Password on MAC: follow the instruction below here
For MAC users, once user change AOL password through AOL website user will also need to update it on their MAC device. Just follow the steps given below:
- Go to the “Settings” option on your Apple device.
- Search for the “Mail, Contacts, Calendars” section and select ‘AOL’.
- Enter your AOL email address in the field provided.
- Select “Password,” and enter the new AOL password you created.
- Review the changes you made and then click ‘Done’.
Reset/Recover Forgot Password for AOL Mail Account:
- Go to AOL mail sign-in page and enter AOL username select sign in.
- Choose the option I forgot my password.
- Enter your user name and select next. Now enter the phone number or the recovery email you used at time of creating your account to Recover AOL password.
- A verification code will be sent to the phone number or the recovery mail. Once the verification code is received, enter it to verify you’r account.
- Thereafter enter the new password twice and on click save. Now your AOL mail account password is reset successfully.
- Alternatively you can also reset the password by answering your security questions correctly.
- Finally go to the sign in page again and log in with your new password successfully.
How to develop secure passwords for AOL:
- Firstly avoid using anything obvious and easy to hack passwords such as 123456 or your name or date of birth.
- Do not use letters and numbers in a common pattern as it is easy to recognize by hackers.
- Do not use your same password from other sites as creating a new unique password is more secure.
- Try not to build passwords on personal details such as birthdates, addresses, and phone numbers. Use a nonsense phrase password and always change your password regularly.
- You can use password manager tools as well to create secure passwords.
The reasons for ‘AOL mail account is not working’ are-
- AOL email not opening due to browser issue.
- AOL server is down from backend.
- The email address or password entered is invalid.
- AOL mail won’t load
- Disabled email account
- Incorrect AOL email settings where SMTP, IMAP, and POP settings are not configured properly.
- AOL mail is slow and emails are not arriving.
Read on below to know more about these issues and to find its solution !
- AOL mail won’t open in an old browser- This error occurs when the user is using an outdated version of the browser. Simply update your browser to fix this issue in a streamlined way. However if it is still not working then uninstall and reinstall the browser or use a different browser altogether.
- AOL server is down- Firstly check if your internet connection is working as in case of slow or no internet connection AOL email account will not work properly. However if the AOL server is down, then wait for some time as it may rectify on its own or alternatively you can contact AOL for help from their official website.
- Invalid email address- This is a common error which occurs when you enter an incorrect email address. Ensure your entering accurate mail id.
- Incorrect Password Error- This error occurs when you don’t enter your correct password. Please note that password are case sensitive and includes special characters. Following these steps should resolve AOL mail not working error for AOL email address.
How Reactivate AOL mail account:
To reactivate the AOL account make sure you have a valid credit or debit card file.
- Login to your account and go to account setting page.
- Now go to the account options and click on enable the account button.
- Confirm your account and and click on re-enable your account.