Yahoo has been a leading email service provider for some time in the past. But the massive cyberattacks in 2014 and 2016 saw a large chunk of their users deleting their accounts. During these attacks, around 500 million accounts were affected. The popularity of Gmail is also taking a toll on the customer base of the Yahoo mail. More and more people are deleting their existing Yahoo mails and opting for the services from Google. If you are one of them and want to know how to delete the Yahoo Email account, then stick around for some time. We will be giving a step by step guide to get your job done.
Why are you unable to delete your Yahoo email account?
Deleting a Yahoo mail account is almost similar to the deletion of any other email accounts. But depending upon the situation, the user may or may not have the necessary skills to complete the task. Here are a few potential causes when a user is unable to delete the Yahoo email account.
- Less technical know-how: If the particular user does not have the minimal technical knowhow or the confidence, then he may not be able to delete the Yahoo email account. Also, the users may not find the delete option in the interface of Yahoo. In any of these cases, the user can reach out to the customer care executives to get some guidance.
- Corrupted browser: A damaged browser is a potential reason behind many technical glitches in an email service. The list of glitches include unable to receive the email, unable to send an email, unable to delete the yahoo email account, and so on. A corrupted browser makes the email services unresponsive towards the commands of the user. To get rid of the situation, the user needs to clear all the cached files and saved history from the browser. It can be done under the “clear browsing history” section of your browser. Another way to Delete Yahoo email account permanently is to use a different internet browser.
- Sign in problems: This problem primarily occurs when the user has not used his account for a very long time and finally decides to delete it. In such cases, there is a high possibility that the user forgets the credentials to sign in to his account, i.e., the username and the password. There are some other options to access the account in such situations. One way is to answer the security questions. But if the user does not remember them either, then he will have to contact the customer service to get access to the account and delete it permanently.
How to delete the Yahoo email account in desktop mode?
- Open the “delete user” page in Yahoo. On this page, enter your username to continue. Now, press on the “next” button.
- The next thing you will need to enter is your password. If you opted for the account key set up previously, then you can bring it to use. In this case, a message will be sent to your associated phone number. It is done to authenticate the user.
- The previous steps will land you on a page where you will see a “before you continue, please consider the following information” named document. It is a bit lengthy document, the summary of which will be given to you in the later stages of this article. At the bottom of the page, you will find two buttons, namely “cancel” and “continue to delete my account.” Click on the “continue delete my account” option.
- The next window will ask you to re-enter the email address that you want to delete.
- In the same window of the previous step, you will find two options, “cancel” and “yes, terminate this account.” Once you are done with typing your email address, choose the latter option.
- If your request is successfully processed, then the next window will show you this message “your account has been deactivated and scheduled for deletion.” If not, then the process is not processed correctly. In that case, you will need to follow the steps from the beginning.
- Once you get the successful message, tap on the “sounds good” option. It will bring you back to Yahoo’s homepage.
One important thing to note here is that Yahoo retains the information related to your account for 90 days after you opt for deleting them permanently. It is done with the expectation that the user may decide to reuse the email account. After 90 days only, the account will be removed.
The techniques mentioned above won’t work out if you got your mail account of Yahoo with British Telecommunications or BT. In that case, you will need to contact BT services to get your account deleted yahoo email.
What happens when you delete your Yahoo email account?
Do you remember the lengthy document in the 3rd step of the Yahoo account deletion process? This section will let you know what it is about. The report informs you about the following three ramifications of your actions.
- The username and the password: Once your yahoo account is permanently deleted, the username and the password of your account will be up for grabs for the other users. So let your friends and colleagues know that you no longer use that email address.
- Reuse: Once you have deleted your account, the emails of your account will be stored for the next 40 days. So if you want to reopen your account, you can do so from the regular Yahoo account login page. Once you open the account, you will be able to send and receive emails from the account. But you won’t get any emails if there was any when the account remained close.
- If someone sends an email to your account after it was deleted, then the sender will get a failure in the delivery message.
Conclusion: Since there are many other email services provider sometimes people don’t want to use no longer yahoo email So they find a solution “How to Delete Yahoo email account ” whenever using their laptop/desktop/Macbook it’s not hard to do it just follow these steps mentioned above either simple way to Delete your yahoo email account dial this service 1-877-200-8067
How to block unwanted emails in Yahoo?
There is no devoid of annoying email senders nowadays. If you are facing the same problem in your Yahoo mail account, then you have the option to block such sources of email. Follow these steps to perform the task-
- Open your browser and log into your Yahoo account.
- Look at the top right corner of the window. You will find a gear icon that will correspond to the settings of your account.
- Under the menu, select the “more settings” option present at the bottom.
- In the next window, make sure that “security and privacy” is selected in the left sidebar.
- Under the previously mentioned section, you will find the “blocked addresses” category on the main body of the page.
- In the “blocked addresses,” click on the “Add” button. It will let you enter the email source that you want to avoid.
- The previous step will bring up another section in the main body of the page. It will read as “add an email address to block.” In the provided space, type the email address that you want to avoid in your Yahoo email account.
- Click on the “save” button.
How to block unwanted messages in basic Yahoo mail?
- Open your mail account and select the “account info” section.
- Choose the “options” button and click “go” to continue.
- Now select “blocked addresses” from the left sidebar. It will bring a new section in the main body of the page.
- Type the email address that you want to block and press the (+) sign below it to complete the task.
To block spam messengers, you will need to use a spam blocker for your account.