Through Outlook, Microsoft provides various services like a suite of webmail, contacts, tasks and calendaring. Outlook is a web-based suite and is the world’s first webmail service which was founded in 1996 initially as Hotmail. It was founded by Sabeer Bhatia and Jack Smith in Mountain View, California. Outlook is headquartered in Sunnyvale. Outlook has since then been in great demand and has been rolling out new features once in a while for the customers’ effortless usage. Here are a set of configurations for Outlook 2013 which can help solve a few of your queries.
How to Configure Outlook 2013 for Gmail?
If you wish to configure Google mail for outlook 2013 and want to know how to configure gmail in outlook 2013, you can refer to the below-mentioned procedure. Few steps have been clearly stated one after another in detail to help you with the outlook configuration.
Step 1: To start with, you need to turn on IMAP access. The steps for the same are:
- Turn on two-step verification
- Get a password which would be application specified.
Step 2: Install Outlook and open it. The first time you open Outlook, which is right after you install it, you will be prompted to a mail account setup. Whereas, if you are not a new user, you can follow the below-mentioned steps:
- Go to file.
- Search and click on account settings.
- You will now find a drop menu. Find account setting from the same and open it.
- The next page will open as per your selection, which is an account setting.
- Select the option of E-mail from the list of different options displayed under the heading account setting.
- Click on new.
- Select the email account or make your email account is selected before you select next.
- Select next.
Step 3: For this step, you have to check if the E-mail account is selected which will eventually be displayed in the “Add new account” window. Now, follow the below-mentioned procedure carefully and precisely:
- Click on next to proceed further, after you have attempted all the check as mentioned above.
- On the screen you see now, click on manual setup or additional server types.
- After selecting the above option, click on next to lock in your selection.
- A new page will pop on your screen with again a combination of few items. Click on Pop or IMAP option this time.
- Finally, click on next to lock in your answer and proceed.
- You are ensured that you are on the right part, the page of Pop or IMAP account setting should now be opened. If you do not find this page, start over with the steps.
Step 4: Now when the Pop or IMAP account settings have opened up, perform the further mentioned steps to finally get through how to configure outlook 2013.
- You will be asked to enter your name now. Enter the same in the name blank field presented to you.
- You will now be provided with a field for the email address. Enter your Google mail address in the same box.
- An account type drop-down menu will now open. Select IMAP from the option mentioned in the drop-down menu.
- You will now be asked to enter the incoming and outgoing mail server which you have to simultaneously enter.
- In the incoming mail server, enter imap.googlemail.com and in the outgoing mail server enter smtp.googlemail.com.
- You will again be prompted to enter your Google mail address. Enter the same
- You will now be asked to enter your password. Here, you have to add the password which you had generated in step 1. Add the same password in the blank field given to input.
- The last thing to do in this step is to click on more settings.
- Internet email settings window will now be opened in your screen
Step 5: Now, search for the outgoing server tab in the Internet email settings window. And perform the below-mentioned steps:
- Select the option of My outgoing server (SMTP). It requires authentication.
- You have to check the option of using the same setting as My incoming mail server is selected.
- Open the advanced tab now.
- Refer to the incoming server (IMAP) here and select SSL when a drop-down menu of encrypted connections appears. In the field given to you, enter 993.
- Refer to the outgoing server (SMTP) here and select TLS when a drop-down menu of encrypter connections appears. In the given blank field, enter 587
- To lock in your selections, click ok
Step 6: You will now find Pop and IMAP account settings window, click next. Wait for a command from outlook which would read “All the tests are completed successfully”. While you wait, Outlook will test all the options to make sure it is correct. The moment you find the command, click on close. You will now be redirected back to your add accounts setting page.
Step 7: The final step to how to configure outlook 2013 is to select finish.
You have now successfully attempted the configuration on how to configure outlook 2013.
Microsoft Exchange Server Settings for Outlook 2013
Before we start with how to configure outlook 2013 or the above-mentioned configuration, there are a number of items you need to check out. Let us cross-check them.
- Outlook 2013 is installed but not yet configured for use with Exchange.
- Availability of Active Directory (AD) username and password.
- Exchange account present in the UCSD campus exchange organisation.
Let’s Start With the Steps on How to Configure Outlook 2013.
- Open mail setup by double-clicking the mail icon in the control panel.
- Click on email accounts now.
- You have to add the account by clicking on new in the email tab.
- You have to now select manual setup or additional server type.
- Click on next to jump onto the next page.
- You have to now choose an email service. To do so, click on Microsoft Exchange and then next.
- Fill in all the necessary details, including the exchange server field, username. Click next and then click on finish.
- You need to connect to UCSD VPN the first time you set up this access. Follow the below-mentioned steps.
- More settings
- Connect to Microsoft Exchange using HTTP
- Exchange proxy settings
- Follow the next steps as it is:
- In the connection field settings, enter mail.ucsd.edu
- On fast networks, connect using HTTP first, then connect using TCP/IP
- On slow networks, connect using HTTP first, then connect using TCP/IP
- Basic authentication
- Enter your AD username and password in the next pop up. Enter your username with – ad and a slash below the username and enter the password as it is. And click on ok.
- View the header of the message by double-clicking on it. Now click on the file, followed by info and properties.
- You need to review the header now. For the same, highlight the information to save by right-clicking on it and open the edit menu. You need to now copy and save the content of the clipboard. Click on close to end the configuration.
This should help you with how to configure outlook 2013 with Microsoft exchange server.
How to Add Another Email Account to Outlook 2013?
You already have an account in the Outlook 2013 and wants to add another account? Don’t worry and go through the 3 steps written below:
- Select file and then select Add account.
- Enter your name, email address and password in the provided fields and click on ok.
- You will be prompted to enter your password again to re-verify.
- Do the needful and click on ok followed by the finish.
Imap Settings for Outlook 2013
Other mail clients like Microsoft Outlook and Apple mail provide mail reading facilities. You can gain access to this feature by changing its IMAP and SMTP settings. You can now set up IMAP through the procedure give below and read your emails and keep them synced in real time.
Launch your Email App
- Press the Windows key on your keyboard for accessing the Start menu of Windows 10.
- Click on mail.
Add an email account
- Click the settings icon
- Select Accounts
- Choose Add Account
- Under Choose an account, select Advanced setup
- Go to Internet email
Enter the Internet email account settings
- Incoming email server: imap.shaw.ca
- Account type: IMAP4
- Email address: Your Shaw email address
- User name: Your Shaw email without @shaw.ca
- Password: Your Shaw email password
- Outgoing (SMTP) mail server: mail.shaw.ca
- Outgoing server requires authentication: Yes
- Use the same username and password for sending mail: Yes
- Require SSL for incoming mail: Yes
- Require SSL for outgoing mail: Yes
Click on Sign-in
All the above-mentioned steps are the ways to guide you thoroughly through all the different kinds of configuration which can be provided to Outlook 2013. This article is to the best of your use and easy in order to help you solve your queries relating to how to configure outlook 2013. Make sure, you follow all the steps just the way they are mentioned i.e. in chronological order. Also, look out for all the commands you need to enter, they should be correct as a slight variation in the numbers or letters will interrupt your entire procedure and, will result in being unsuccessful.