How to Change Verizon Wirless Network Password
Verizon Wireless is a wireless network in America that serves around 102 million customers. With the help of this wireless network, we can get the internet facility to our smart devices flawlessly without any interruptions. In this article, we will provide various details of changing the Verizon password for various applications such as its Wi-Fi network, email, Voice mail, and Fios.
How to change Verizon Wi-Fi username and password?
First of all, we are now going to see how to change the Verizon Wifi password? Verizon provides a facility for changing the password any time using the tools provided by them. To change Verizon wifi password it offers various tools such as My Verizon, My Fios app, and the router label. Now we can see how to change the Verizon Wifi password using the tools one by one in detail.
- Using My Verizon app: To change Verizon wifi password using my Verizon app you need to follow the steps given below:
- Login to the My Verizon app if you have the Fios quantum gateway or Fios advanced router.
- In the services option, select internet option in my network tab.
- Under this option select a network and then enter the new username and password to manage your network.
- After providing this information, click the save changes option.
- Select wi-fi changes enabled in the popup menu of the managed network, in case it is set to disabled mode.
- Now you can access your network using the new username and password.
- Using the My Fios App: To change the Verizon wifi password using the My Fios App follow the steps given below:
- Open and login to the My Fios App to change Verizon password.
- Select the Internet option and select a network under my network.
- Click on the edit option to change the user name and password.
- And at last, you need to enable the wifi private access.
- Using the router label: In this topic, we can see how to change the Verizon wifi password using the router label. You can change the Verizon wifi password manually using the router if you don’t have Fios quantum gateway or Verizon Fios advanced router.
- First, open the browser and type the network address 192.168.1.1
- Then sign into the router using the username and the password.
- The router name is admin and the password will be provided in the label provided in the router.
- If you have changed the password and you are not able to remember the password then you need to restore the factory default settings of the router.
- Then follow the router’s user guide or the on-screen instructions to change the Verizon wifi password and the username.
These are the methods where you can change your username and password of Verizon wifi easily. By this, you can prevent your wifi network from other access and provides complete protection to your personal data.
How to change Verizon email password?
In this topic, we can see how we change the Verizon email password in detail. To change Verizon email password to new follow the steps given below:
- Go to the official site of Verizon and sign in to your account using the old password.
- After logging in to the mail, you will find the account tab in the top red bar click on it.
- And then select the residential option under the account profile.
- Now it will take you to the accounts profile page.
- There you will see the password option in the entries listed.
- To change Verizon email password right click the link change and click proceed.
- Now you can set your new password by following the onscreen instructions.
The above steps are only applicable if you know your old username and the password for your Wi-Fi account you are currently using. If you don’t know the username and password then you should follow the different method which is explained below.
Nowadays forgetting the password that they have set for email has become a common problem among all the people. To change the Verizon email password in case you have forgotten the old password you can recover it using the password reset tool. The different steps you need to follow to change the Verizon email password are as follows:
- Before using the password reset tool, you need to have the details such as user ID, Zipcode, the password reset tool link, and the computer with the internet connection.
- After knowing the above details open the password reset tool directly or by using the official link provided in the Verizon website.
- Once you have opened the password reset tool, you will be asked to provide your user id and the zip code in order to verify your account.
- After verifying your account, it will guide you with steps to change your password.
- Once you have changed the password, check it by signing it into the account.
These are the two methods to change the Verizon email password manually and using the password reset tool. Hence to save your personalized data in the email by frequently changing the passwords using either the manual method or using the tool.
How to change Verizon voice mail password?
Here we can see how to change Verizon voicemail password? We can change our voice mail password easily from our devices using different methods. Securing the message that you have sent or received through the voice mail is necessary. Because of this, you need to change the password of voice mail is more important. Now we can see the method using My Verizon app and calling from your phone in detail.
- Using Verizon App: Under this topic, we can see how to change Verizon voice mail password step by step. Before using this Verizon App we should see check certain points such as
- Check whether your app is up-to-date because you can change the password comfortably using the recent version.
- The Verizon app is available only in some platforms such as Android 4.0 and higher versions, Apple ios 10.00 and higher versions. If you are having other version devices they use the website Verizonwireless.com to open the website.
- The settings in this app can vary based on the user type.
Now we can see the steps for how to change Verizon voice mail password using the Verizon App.
- In the home screen, select the Apps tab and under the various options available select My Verizon application.
- Select the menu option which is available in the top left corner of the page.
- In that select the account option, and then enter your password to sign into the account.
- And then select the Account settings to click on the account settings tab.
- In the page opened, select the security tab and then select the option Manage voice mail password.
- Then enter the required details to change the Verizon voice mail password and then select the update button which is present on the bottom of the page. The password should not contain any consecutive or repeating number and digits.
- Calling from phone: In this topic, we can see how to change Verizon voicemail password using the method of calling from a phone. This method is used to change passwords for all types of voicemails such as Basic, premium, Visual and so on.
- Enter *611 and then select click the send option. (or)
- Call 800-922-0204 to the customer service of the Verizon from any phone.
- After calling, you will get the tone of how can I assist you from the professionals and then say reset voice mail password to change the password.
- Enter the requested info for security verification, they ask you.
- Follow the steps given to reset the password.
If you have changed the password then verify it by signing into the account with the new password.
After reading these two steps you will get clear about how to change Verizon voicemail password?
How to change the Verizon Fios Wi-Fi password?
In this topic, we discuss various options to change Verizon Fios WiFi password in detail.
- In order to login into the Wi-Fi router, type 192.168.1.1 HTTP address in the URL to open the browser.
- Enter the username admin and the password which is located on the router label.
- After you have logged into the webpage, then click on the advanced security settings which is available on the left-hand side of the page.
- Then you will be asked to select the type of security settings you use in the router. For the old devices like Nintendo OS then you should choose WEP as security type. And for the recent devices, WPA2 is the best and secure type. Therefore select the radio button as per your security type.
- After providing the security type, you will be taken to the page to enter the password.
- And to change the Verizon Fios Wifi password you need select customer pre-shared key instead of the Verizon default pre-shared key.
- Then you should enter your new password key in the appropriate place provided to the password.
- The password you are changing should be long and should be easily remembered by you.
- Once you have specified all the details in the page then click apply. This makes you create a new password for your Fios Wi-Fi password.
- After completing the above process, check whether your new password is correct by signing into the account.
After knowing the steps for how to change the Fios WiFi password? We can also easily change the user name for your Fios router.
- First, open the Wifi router using the steps provided under the option how to change the Fios Wifi password?
- Select the options wireless setting in the main menu.
- Then select the basic security settings option which is available on the left side of the page.
- Now you are directed to the settings page, where you need to change the user name or SSID.
- Once you have provided the user name in the appropriate option for SSID click save button which is present in the bottom of the page.
- You can set the username whatever you want and check whether the new username is changed by signing into your account.
These are the steps you need to follow to change the user name and password of your Fios WiFi easily without any complex steps.
Various needs for changing the password in the Verizon wireless:
The main reasons for changing the default password provided with the Verizon wireless router when buying are as follows:
- To secure your website from hackers
- When you forget the old password
- When you need to use the wireless network within some group of peoples such as family and friends.
- In case you are satisfied with the username and the password provided by them in default.
Apart from the above-mentioned reasons, it is safe and secure to change the passwords frequently within a specific time interval. It reduces the possibilities of reducing the loss or theft that happen due to hackers.
Hence changing the password for all the wireless devices and applications you are using is more important in this competitive world. Because there is a chance of risk while using the same password provided by the company.
I hope that after reading this article you are clear about all the steps regarding how to change the Verizon passwords and user name for its WiFi networks, email, voice mail, and the Fios WiFi network. This article will make your work of password changing process easy and effective. If you have any queries or doubts regarding this article you can visit the official website of Verizon. They will help you in this process.