The present write up provides crucial information about MSN service. Here, we will be talking about the right ways to reset/recover and change the MSN email password
Reset MSN Password - When User Forgot Password
Procedural steps to help you reset MSN password
The below-mentioned steps will enable you to easily reset your MSN mail password. Have a look!
- First, go to the MSN Sign in page by clicking Here.
- Now click on ‘Sign In’ button from top right corner and enter your MSN email address in the respective field and click on ‘Next’.
- From here, click on ‘Forgot Password’ button.
- From the Next Window Choose ‘I forgot My Password’ Checkbox and click to next to go ahead.
- Now enter your asked alternate email id or recovery phone number. After that fill in the captcha and click on ‘Next’.
- Now you will get a recovery code on your phone number/alternate email id. Enter the code to verify your identity and click on ‘Next’.
- Thereafter, you will be redirected on the ‘Password Reset Page’ for your MSN account.
- Create your new password and enter it twice to save your new password.
Please note. In case you have selected the option of SMS or alternate email to reset your password, you need to patiently wait for the link or code to be sent to you.
So finally using the above steps use can reset your MSN password for in case you have forgot your MSN password.
Procedural steps to help you change MSN password
The below-mentioned steps will help you to easily change MSN password. Have a look!
- As the first step, log into MSN or Windows Live services by using your current account password.
- Here in this step, go to the account setup page to sign in with your current password to change your account’s password.
- On msn.com scroll through the half of the page until Facebook, Messenger and Twitter tabs appear on the right side of the page. Hit click on the Messenger tab and thereafter click on “Hi, as and when it appears on the screen.
a. Now click on the upper right corner of the screen where you can easily access photos, office, Hotmail or Windows Live homepage. This will enable you to access your account settings.
b.In case you are still unable to find your name displayed, go to account.live.com and sign in with your present password.
- Here under the Account information heading, look for the “Password” link. On the right-hand side of your password option, hit click on the “Change” option.
- Enter your old password and remember it was case sensitive.
- Now enter your new password. Remember just like your initial Windows Live password this will also be case sensitive and at least 6 characters long.
- Continue by re-entering the new password that you had entered in the previous step.
- Now if you want your password to be automatically changed, hit click on the box right next to the “Make my password expire every 72 days” and proceed to the last step.
- Lastly, click on the “Save” option and your password is successfully changed!
Factors leading the users to change or reset their MSN passwords
- In the situation of receiving any information about unauthorized access, malware content in regard to your account.
- After sharing access to your personal account with someone else when they no longer use the login.
- After you had logged into your account using a shared or a public computer system, for instance from the public library.
- If it has been a year that you have not changed the passcode your account.
- After a security incident gets disclosed.
In this article we have explained the password resetting process of MSN mail. Thereby following these simple instructions you will be able to reset, change or recover your MSN email account password.