Forgot MSN Password Need to Change/Reset or Recover MSN Password
A warm hello to my fellow techies! The present writeup has been planned to help our readers with crucial information about MSN service. Here we will be talking about the right ways to reset/recover and change the MSN mail password if you forget or wish to change it. But before getting into the procedural steps for the same, let’s talk a little about MSN mail to make the topic all the more interesting and understandable.
A little about MSN Web Service
A web portal and a whole collection of internet services and applications supported by Windows and mobile devices is a product by Microsoft company. MSN was launched on August 24 in the year 1995 same day as that of the launch of Windows 95. The parent company, Microsoft has used the name MSN for a wide variety of products as well as services, for instance, “Hotmail”,” Messenger” and its search engines “Bing” being one of them along with other discontinued and rebranded services.
Let’s begin with the discussion about the need to change or reset an old MSN mail password.
Factors leading the users to change or reset their MSN passwords
- In the situation of receiving any information about unauthorized access, malware content in regard to your account.
- After sharing access to your personal account with someone else when they no longer use the login.
- After you had logged into your account using a shared or a public computer system, for instance from the public library.
- If it has been a year that you have not changed the passcode your account.
- After a security incident gets disclosed.
The next section talks about the password resetting process of MSN mail. Give a careful read of the same!
Procedural steps to help you reset MSN password
The below-mentioned steps will enable you to easily reset your MSN mail password. Have a look!
- First of all, on your browser’s URL type:”https://account.live.com/resetpassword.aspx. “ and move on to the very next step.
- Now on the page that opens, click on the link stating” I forgot my password”.
- Here look for the link “Reset your password” and hit click on it.
- Now enter the Windows Live ID that requires the use of password reset.
- Here carefully enter the characters that will be displayed on the screen, thereafter hit on “Next”>
- Now you will be provided with the various options to reset your account’s password.
Please note. In case you had selected the option of SMS or alternate email to reset your password, you need to patiently wait for the link to be sent.
b.In case you have selected to answer SQ/SA, you can then reset your password after confirming your answer.
Please note: In case of any assistance with the above steps, it is better to reach MSN professional team by dialing their MSN support number provided later in the writeup.
Procedural steps to help you change MSN password
The below-mentioned steps will enable you to easily change MSN password. Have a look!
- As the first step, log into MSN or Windows Live services by making use of your current account password.
- Here in this step, go to the account setup page to sign in with your current password to change your account’s password.
- On msn.com scroll through the half of the page until Facebook, Messenger and Twitter tabs appear on the right side of the page. Hit click on the Messenger tab and thereafter click on “Hi, as and when it appears on the screen.
a. Now click on the upper right corner of the screen where you can easily access photos, office, Hotmail or Windows Live homepage. This will enable you to access your account settings.
b.In case you are still unable to find your name displayed, go to account.live.com and sign in with your present password.
- Here under the Account information heading, look for the “Password” link. On the right-hand side of your password option, hit click on the “Change” option.
- Enter your old password and remember it was case sensitive.
- Now enter your new password. Remember just like your initial Windows Live password this will also be case sensitive and at least 6 characters long.
- Continue by re-entering the new password that you had entered in the previous step.
- Now if you want your password to be automatically changed, hit click on the box right next to the “Make my password expire every 72 days” and proceed to the last step.
- Lastly, click on the “Save” option and your password is successfully changed!
Please note: In case of any assistance with the above steps, it is better to reach MSN professional team by dialing their MSN Toll Free helpline number provided later in the writeup.
That’s how you will contact MSN Toll Free Helpline Number
In case of any further assistance or assistance in any of the above troubleshooting steps, it’s best to contact MSN toll free number and seek their professional support. Dial 1-877-200-8067, the MSN Helpline number and experience the benefit of their 360 support.
Additional benefits to contact the MSN Support team
In addition to MSN password reset or change, you can seek the support of the MSN Support team for the following MSN related issues.
- For installation and updating of the MSN software.
- In case the browser suddenly stops responding.
- To resolve software related issues.
- To install anti-spam and antispyware.
- For facilities such as backup, repair and to restore personal data and the folders.
I hope the above writeup about changing or resetting of MSN password comes to your best use.
For more such tech related writeups, keep reading and following our page.