Things To Do To Setup Canon IJ Pinter on Your Device
In this article you will find detailed information about installation of Canon printer through Canon ij setup. This process has been explained for Windows and Mac operating system through wired & wireless connection setup.
Canon IJ Setup Instructions on Windows - Installation Process
Follow these instruction to connected your printer with wireless network .
- In the beginning you need to download your Canon printer’s driver from ‘Canon ij setup’ by choosing the correct printer model number.
- Double click on the downloaded driver file from your system and follow the onscreen instruction.
- Security warning pop up will prompt on the screen to permit the application to run on your system, tap on the ‘Rub’ tab.
- By following the ‘Next’ button, select ‘Wireless LAN Connection’.
- Now go to your Canon printer and hold down the WiFi button until alarm lamp flashed 2 times and then release it.
- Now go to the Canon printer screen tab and press the ‘Arrow Button’ to select the option of ‘Device Settings’ from the ‘Menu’.
- Next From Menu>Device Settings>LAN Settings>Wireless LAN Setup and tap on ‘OK’ button.
- Now your printer will look for your router access point.
- From here, choose your wireless network name from the printer screen and tap on ‘OK’. Thereafter, enter WPA Key (WiFi password) from the next screen.
- In order to use IJ start Canon setup on Windows, your printer has successfully been connected to wireless network.
Next we are going to describe the steps to check if printer has been added to Windows for wireless and wired connection.
- Open the ‘Run’ dialog box from Windows search and type ‘Control Panel’ and hit on ‘OK’ button.
- Once control panel opens, choose ‘Device and printers’ option.
- If your printer is already added, it will show with ‘Green Tick Mark’.
- If in case your printer is not added, you can do it manually by clicking on ‘Add Printer’ option.
- It will show you list of available printer. Choose your desired Canon printer and click on ‘OK’. After few seconds your Canon printer will show in ‘Device and Printer’ section with a ‘Green Check Mark’.
- Finally your Canon IJ setup printer is connected wireless to your Windows system.
To connect your Canon IJ printer with wired connection using USB on your Windows system, follow the below steps-
- Switch on the Canon printer and Windows PC
- Download driver for Canon printer from canon.com/ijsetup and complete installation process.
- Connect USB from one end to printer and other end to Windows PC.
- Again Open Control Panel>Device settings>Tap on Add printer.
Steps to Connect the Canon Printer to the Mac : Canon.com/ijsetup
You can get started for IJ start Canon setup for Mac operating system by following the below instructions –
- Open your browser and type in canon.com/ijsetup and press ‘Enter’.
- Select your Canon ij Printer model and choose your OS (MAC)
- Click to download the file on your system and open the file once its downloaded.
- Connect your Canon IJ printer to WiFi network by following the steps given in first section of this write up. .
- Then, open the ‘Apple’ Menu and click on ‘System Preferences’.
- After that, click on ‘printers and scanners’.
- Then, click on the ‘+ ‘ sign to add printer. Now a pop-up window will appear which will show your printer name on screen.
- Select your printer and click on ‘Add’ button to add your printer manually.
- After few seconds your printer will be added on your Mac computer using wireless connection and will be ready for use.
Conclusion – In this article, we read about the Canon Printer Setup and its services. We discuss how a user can easily connect the canon printer with the windows, Mac and also with a USB cable or wirelessly. We explained each step in a detailed manner for IJ Start Canon Setup, and after that, if the user does not understand, then the user can call on the official Canon technical support number.