Get Updated Email Server Settings for ATT Net Email With Detailed Instruction
In this writeup we have discussed email settings required for ATT email setup. By using these ATT.net email server setting, you will be able to configure your email on all mail application (Outlook, Thunderbird etc) and devices (phone, tablets etc).
Manual Settings For ATT Email Using IMAP & SMTP
- As for the first step, open your email application such as Outlook or Thunderbird on your device.
- After that, go to account settings and select “Add Account” option.
- Thereafter select “Others” from the list of email providers.
- Thereafter, enter your correct email address in username section followed by your email “password” in the password field.
- Now go to the “Manual Setup” option and select on manual settings and enter them as shown below-
IMAP server: “imap.mail.att.net”
Security type: None
Imap port: 993
Secure: Port=993 and Security type: SSL/TLS (Accept all certificates)
Insecure: Port=143 and security type: None (Accept all certificates)
- Now enter the mentioned Outgoing (SMTP) settings and thereafter select” Next”.
Outgoing (SMTP) secure=Port 465
Security Type: SSL/TLS(Accept all certificates)
Outgoing (SMTP roaming server) Secure=Port 587 and security type: SSL/TLS(Accept all certificates)
Outgoing (SMTP)= Port 25 and Security type= None(accept all certificates)
Outgoing (SMTP roaming server) Insecure= Port 587 and Security type= None (accept all certificates)
- Now to finish off the entire procedure, select “Done” and you are good to use your ATT email account.
ATT POP3 Email Server Settings :
- Firstly Use ATT POP3 incoming mail server as: inbound.att.net (port 995)
- ATT POP3 SMTP outgoing mail server: outbound.att.net (port 465, requires authentication)
- Then, follow this ATT IMAP incoming mail server: imap.mail.att.net (port 993, secure connection)
- ATT IMAP SMTP outgoing mail server: smtp.mail.att.net (port 465 or 587, secure connection).
- Lastly choose ATT news server: none available
These Att Email settings will be useful when you are looking to set up your email on your desktop, tablet, and smartphone devices.
Now coming to the second section, here we will talk about ATT email server settings for Outlook.
Att Email Server Settings For Outlook Mail
The below-given information provides full details regarding the Att server settings for Outlook mail.
Incoming server –
Outgoing mail server
Incoming Port: 993 for IMAP and 995 for POP3
Outgoing port number: 587 for both IMAP and Pop
That’s how you can setup Att mail on Outlook email
- Begin by opening Microsoft Outlook. Then click on “File” from the Menu bar. Thereafter, choose “Info” or “Account settings” and click on the “Outlook setting” of the ATT mail.
- In case you are using Outlook 2007, click on “Tools” on the top menu bar. Thereafter click on the “Account settings” from the given list.
- Here, click on the email tab and hit the “New” button. Thereafter click on the radio button present right next to the “Microsoft Exchange, POP 3, IMAP or HTTP” and hit the “Next” button.
- Check the box next to the “Manually configure server settings or additional server types” and hit the “Next” button. Choose “Internet email” and click on the “Next” option.
- Here, click on “Server information” to make changes in the configuration of the Att email address in the “User Information” field. Now choose “POP” from the provided drop-down list and type “pop.att.yahoo.com” in the “Incoming mail server “ field.
- Enter “smtp.att.yahoo.com” in the Outgoing mail server space and enter your username and password in the “Login information fields”. Thereafter verify your password and click on the “More Settings” option
- Here in this step, select the “Outgoing Server” tab. Thereafter, check “My Outgoing server (SMTP ) requiring authentication and click on the radio button next to “Use the same configuration as an incoming mail server”.
- As a continuation to the previous step, choose the “Advanced” option that is an SSL link in “The server requires an encrypted connection link(SSL)” option.
- Lastly, make sure the field number automatically gets changed to “995”.
Learn to manually setup the Att email using both IMAP and SMTP settings on your iPhone.
- From the home screen of your iPhone, choose the “Settings” icon and select “Mail”.
- From the mail window, select the “Accounts” option.
- Now select “Add Account”.
- Now click on the “Other” option present in the bottom-most part of the screen.
- Select “Add mail account”.
- Fill in the details asking your name, email, and password and thereafter click “Next”.
- Click on the Now scroll down to Incoming mail server and fill in all the required details, do the same for the Outgoing mail server and hit on “Next”. Ensure that the username is the full email address. Username and password will remain same for both Incoming and Outgoing mail servers.
Incoming mail server host name: imap.mail.att.net
Outgoing mail server host name: smtp.mail.att.net
- Now in this step, you might receive a message asking you to verify the incoming and outgoing mail servers, click “Continue” or alternatively tap on “Details” and then tap on “Trust”.
- Save the changes made above and choose the new account you had just created in the above steps.
- From the Account window, choose the SMTP server.
- Check the SMTP settings as mentioned below and hit the “Done” button.
- ATT.NET outgoing mail server host name: smtp.mail.att.net
- Username: Full ATT.Net email address.
- Password: Your email password
- SSL: On. You can always turn it off and use the correct Port number as mentioned below.
Outgoing(SMTP)Secure Port:465 for Security type:SSL/TLS(Accept all certificates)
Outgoing(SMTP roaming server) Secure Port:587 Security type:SSL/TLS(Accept all certificates)
Outgoing(SMTP)-Port 25 Security type: None (Accept all certificates)
Authentication – Password
Server port- 465
- After performing the above-mentioned steps, you are now good to Use ATT POP3 Email Server Settings Steps below
Conclusion – This writeup will aid the user by providing att net email settings, att email server settings for Outlook. For any further assistance, feel free to reach us through chat or our helpline number.